iSmart App - Target SoC not working anymore

dentz2

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I own an MG4 SR.
Up until recently i was able to change to target SOC within the iSmart app remotely while it was charging.

Now that triangle indicating the SOC percentage is gone and i cannot modify it anymore.

I reinstalled the app, logged on / off, but no change.

Did somebody else see a similar behaviour?

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot_20230508-065441.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_20230508-065441.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 83
Do you know when?
I only have the car now for about 3 weeks. In the first week this was working without a problem.

Standard range batteries need to be charged to 100 % regularly. They use a different chemistry that's why the option has been removed.
You can charge to less then 100% if you want but the more times you do it a row the more the battery management system will lose track of the batterys true capacity and you will find your battery appearing I drain a lot quicker.
All this only applies to the SR models not the long range ones.

Thanks for the info. Has this been described somewhere by SAIC in a changelog or something like this?

I did not notice an update of the app.

AFAIK the option to stop the charge on the SR never actually worked even though it was available as an option on the app. I've never tried to stop it on mine so can't say if it did, but as said above it is better to charge to 100% due to the different battery chemistry.

AFAIK the option to stop the charge on the SR never actually worked even though it was available as an option on the app. I've never tried to stop it on mine so can't say if it did, but as said above it is better to charge to 100% due to the different battery chemistry.

Manually stopping the charging process still works over the app.
However setting the target SoC value doesn't.

When I first got my SE SR I noticed the target setting, but after a few weeks it had disappeared. At first I thought it might have been an app update that did this, but now I'm thinking it seems to take time for the MG server to realise which model MG4 is associated with the app, and then it sets a software flag to disable the target for the SR model.

I still see the 80% target on my phone, but as always the car simply ignores it. After it had been explained to me that the SR doesn't need to be limited to 80% charge for routine operation and indeed prefers to be as full as possible, I stopped worrying about this. I'm actually very pleased about it. The SR battery seems to be a lot less faff to look after.

Ok, so today the App had a target of 90% SoC but still continued to charge.
Seems plausible how you guys described it.

The only thing that came to my mind now is that everytime I was able to change the % in the app, the car was always charging at the same charging station. Everytime I was not able to charge it, it was at a different type of charging station (other provider). But I am not aware of any handshake or something like this which would enable or disable this feature.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back