iSMART app v1.1.2 available

Mine still reports it as being at next door's address, but since it's parked only about a metre from the boundary line between the two properties, I'll forgive it.

Mine usually reports as being the house across the street. :)
Maybe if you drive around the block, both ways, like calibrating the accelerometers on a phone by waving it in a figure-8? :unsure:

There is an option in the iOS version, My Profile -> About -> Update, which then says the App is up to date, which it is, I suppose I’ll need to wait for the next update to find out if it actually works.

Just upgraded app to v1.1.2 on iPhone - nice that you don't now need to reenter PIN within the HVAC menu for every change.

I've been able to pre heat/cool the car while plugged in and not charging since last update at dealers recently. I hope this app update doesnt break that, will try tonight.

There is an option in the iOS version, My Profile -> About -> Update, which then says the App is up to date, which it is, I suppose I’ll need to wait for the next update to find out if it actually works.
I don't know if iOS version is the same as the Android version but on Android the update feature doesn't work in the app. You have to update it in the app store.

Mine usually reports as being the house across the street. :)
This odd not uncommon, had the same issues with my old company As BMW andthat Skoda.

Better use find my car or similar app.

Every time with mine when turning on AC from the app: FAILURE: The remote control function failed, please try again later (40)

Everything else works and I can interrogate the car for other data.

Every time with mine when turning on AC from the app: FAILURE: The remote control function failed, please try again later (40)

Everything else works and I can interrogate the car for other data.
I get that when charging cable is plugged in and not charging. Only time I’ve seen it though.

I get that when charging cable is plugged in and not charging. Only time I’ve seen it though.
Thanks, that is likely it then, I have it plugged in, in the garage.

So in effect, an idiotic bug ? as you cannot control the AC if the car is hooked up. So I could not initiate a cool-down, or heat up, of the interior because it's plugged in !

Thanks, that is likely it then, I have it plugged in, in the garage.

So in effect, an idiotic bug ? as you cannot control the AC if the car is hooked up. So I could not initiate a cool-down, or heat up, of the interior because it's plugged in !
This is a well known and much discussed issue affecting almost all users. Cannot pre heat/cool while plugged in NOT charging. If actively charging then it works. I have always had the same error until updates at the dealer performed week before last and then for the first time it worked. Recommend to ask dealer for update as it appears to be fixed on my vehicle since they updated.

This is a well known and much discussed issue affecting almost all users. Cannot pre heat/cool while plugged in NOT charging. If actively charging then it works. I have always had the same error until updates at the dealer performed week before last and then for the first time it worked. Recommend to ask dealer for update as it appears to be fixed on my vehicle since they updated.
Oooh, sounds good, what was updated exactly, the infotainment system ?

Oooh, sounds good, what was updated exactly, the infotainment system ?
Not the infotainment. Various updates applied including the BMS but I don’t have the exact details. I had booked it in for other issues but I raised this glitch again (I’ve been hounding them for the 9 months I’ve had the car for a fix) so they had this fault on the job sheet. Lo and behold, 1st time ever it works! I’ve also just tested with the V1.1.2 app update on iPhone and it is working still ✌️

Sorry, that was a typo 😂

'The 14 year old apprentice tasked with building and improving the relatively simple app, using Windows '98 and a dial-up modem'.
It's the 80s looking digits when it's scanning the car for faults that I can't stand. Maybe it's intentional for effect but it's just not cool. 😆

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back