ISmart App

Thats interesting, we can send MG the comparison. Can you let us know the last cars app?
Yeah, my last car was a BMW PHEV, the app was able to show you how much electric and how much petrol you used on a journey.

I know I'm probably being picky😁 but...it was also able to show the correct colour of your vehicle on the in car display and the app. The car I have on mine is white and my car is green🤷‍♂️.
Screenshot_20231013_080511_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20231013_080603_Photos.jpg

Wonder if it supports Siri Shortcuts on iOS… could run it off your watch then. I’ll try that when my car arrives.
iSMART doesn’t support shortcuts I’m afraid.
The Bluetooth digital key is a convenient ‘spare key’ and saved my ass when the physical key was denied by the anti-theft.

Yeah, my last car was a BMW PHEV, the app was able to show you how much electric and how much petrol you used on a journey.

I know I'm probably being picky😁 but...it was also able to show the correct colour of your vehicle on the in car display and the app. The car I have on mine is white and my car is green🤷‍♂️.View attachment 20776View attachment 20777

That's nothing. All my displays, app and car, show a Trophy. My car is an SE.

Perfect - how reliable is the Bluetooth key?

I dislike carrying car keys and my phone battery lasts bloody ages.

You guys need to find an equivalent for what us gals are doing. Wearing the key inside our bras.

Pockets are OK, but sometimes keys fall out, and you do feel them taking up space there. Jacket pockets are awkward because you tend to take jackets off and even change them. Jeans pockets are better but again you notice the key is there, and it can fall out. Handbags can be a nightmare as they get put down anywhere and again sometimes changed.

Maybe sew a wee pocket inside your underpants or something? Bit of a pain to do a dozen pairs though. The bra solution is perfect.

I know I'm probably being picky😁 but...it was also able to show the correct colour of your vehicle on the in car display and the app. The car I have on mine is white and my car is green🤷‍♂️.
In the EV6 speedo screen, car is white and mine is red! However it gets worse, on central screen car outline is of previous generation ENiro…

I mainly use it for scheduled charging (between 00:30 and 04:30 - Octopus @ 9p per kWh) and it works great. I've once used it to unlock the car/charging cable.

Hi all. I am based the UK and I use MG iSmart for iOS. Last week there was an update to the app, and since then I can’t seem to change the units from metric to imperial. So all the remaining range, etc, shows in Km.

I swear there used to be an option to change from metric to imperial and vice-versa.

Has anyone else noticed the same?!

Cheers

Hi all. I am based the UK and I use MG iSmart for iOS. Last week there was an update to the app, and since then I can’t seem to change the units from metric to imperial. So all the remaining range, etc, shows in Km.

I swear there used to be an option to change from metric to imperial and vice-versa.

Cheers
This is reported elsewhere on the forum. Yes it’s a bug with the software. Typical MG - fix one bug, add a new one…

Thanks a lot. Do you know which thread that is? I tried to find if anyone has law had complained about this but couldn’t find anything.

Cheers
I think you will find all IOS users have had this issue, it's been reported in another thread and all over Facebook. I suspect you will need to wait for another update to fix it🤷‍♂️

Here's the thread specifically about this bug that only the iPhone users appear to be suffering from.

Thanks a lot. Do you know which thread that is? I tried to find if anyone has law had complained about this but couldn’t find anything.

Edit: beaten to it ;)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel