ISmart App

seamust1000

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Morning All
I took delivery of my X Power last week so getting to grips with it. Can anyone let me know what I should expect from the app? I can lock/unlock, see range/state of charge, also can switch on aircon. But I cannot see current mileage or data from the last journey ect. Is this correct as the app seems quite basic otherwise.

Yeah that's about it.
  • Status check (tyre pressures, temperatures, whether things are open or closed and locked)
  • Battery SOC and estimated remaining range
  • Charging management - is it charging? How long will it take? Set target SOC (depending on model)
  • Find My Car - shows it on a map, allows you to trigger the horn and lights
    • This was actually useful on our first day with the car, since I went out to get a change of clothes for my daughter, only to realise when I left the building that my wife had parked and not told me where!
  • Switch on heating / air con
  • Virtual key - potentially useful if you've lost/forgotten your real key
It's useful at what it does, but it could be so much more polished and could do so much more.

I also find it very frustrating that if two people want to use it, they have to share a login.

Oh there's also some stuff in there for route planning and uploading the routes and destinations to the SatNav. I never use it - I use Google Maps and Android Auto.

Oh there's also some stuff in there for route planning and uploading the routes and destinations to the SatNav. I never use it - I use Google Maps and Android Auto.
Thanks very much for the reply, I thought I was missing something, my last car app just had lots more info.

Does your virtual key work? For me only the unlock works but not starting the vehicle.
Do you not need to be seated in the driver's seat for the car to power on?

Yeah that's about it.
  • Status check (tyre pressures, temperatures, whether things are open or closed and locked)
  • Battery SOC and estimated remaining range
  • Charging management - is it charging? How long will it take? Set target SOC (depending on model)
  • Find My Car - shows it on a map, allows you to trigger the horn and lights
    • This was actually useful on our first day with the car, since I went out to get a change of clothes for my daughter, only to realise when I left the building that my wife had parked and not told me where!
  • Switch on heating / air con
  • Virtual key - potentially useful if you've lost/forgotten your real key
The Australian version also has scheduled charging settings. Not that they always work.

The downside here is they chose to use Vodafone as the 4G network provider, who have the worst coverage of the three main networks.

Our has these as well:

• Geo Fence alerts
  • MG Touchpoints
which for us is location of the MG dealers in order of distance from where you are.
- Travel
although I can't work out what this does, I think it's mean to enable entering in a destination for the on-board navigation system.

With this - do you have to be in, with the door shut, and your seatbelt on? Just checking things for when mine arrives.
There’s both a digital key and a remote control in the iSMART app. They are not the same thing and neither is called virtual key.
The remote control allows you to open and close the car via the cellular network (4G)
The digital key allows you to open and start the car via Bluetooth.

There’s both a digital key and a remote control in the iSMART app. They are not the same thing and neither is called virtual key.
The remote control allows you to open and close the car via the cellular network (4G)
The digital key allows you to open and start the car via Bluetooth.
Perfect - how reliable is the Bluetooth key?

I dislike carrying car keys and my phone battery lasts bloody ages.

Don't get me wrong, it's great to have an app but I thought I had some details missing from it, I would have expected total mileage showing from the odometer, journey details, efficiency and how much energy from regen etc.

It all can be found in the car so should be easy to include in the app.

Maybe I was spoilt with my last cars app.

Thanks All

Don't get me wrong, it's great to have an app but I thought I had some details missing from it, I would have expected total mileage showing from the odometer, journey details, efficiency and how much energy from regen etc.

It all can be found in the car so should be easy to include in the app.

Maybe I was spoilt with my last cars app.

Thanks All
Thats interesting, we can send MG the comparison. Can you let us know the last cars app?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back