Ismart can't connect

KenD

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I parked the park on my driveway and haven't touch the car for three days. Ismart can't connect to the car. It shows the time of last update. Click vehicle status, scanning for a while then failed.
Anyone has experienced this?
It happened before. It works after I unlocked and locked the car with the car key.
If I am away for holiday, do I need to check the car every day in order to keep the car awake?

Yes, as far as I’m aware the car goes into a deep sleep after 24hrs, meaning you cannot connect to it remotely

Scanning it once per day should prevent this happening

I parked the park on my driveway and haven't touch the car for three days. Ismart can't connect to the car. It shows the time of last update. Click vehicle status, scanning for a while then failed.
It happened before. It works after I unlocked and locked the car with the car key.
If I am away for holiday, do I need to check the car every day in order to keep the car awake?
Why would you want to keep the car awake and run the risk of flattening the 12v battery?

If I go away for a few days, I want to check the car from time to time.
The 12v battery should last a few days without charging.
There are other threads regarding if the 12v battery is changed by the main battery and some one had to jump start the car... I will have a look these threads.

There's no firm and fixed timescale for the car to go into a deep sleep (which is only resolved by unlocking/locking the car). My theory is that the car polls the MG server periodically ... if there is a connection error and/or the server doesn't respond, and this happens a set number of times, then the car goes into deep sleep mode. That's why the deep sleep timescale can be variable.

I've not used my car since Wednesday evening. I've just opened the app and the scan failed. I went back to the main screen (which showed no GPS location or battery status), swiped down to refresh and those items appeared. Back to vehicle status and the car scanned just fine.

Yes, I had that happen when we were away for 6 weeks. The app connected with the car early on in our stay but after a while I could never connect (not that I tried that often). Connection was restored after we got home and I unlocked the car.

Ismart couldn't connect to car after charging this morning. I had to use the key to unlock the car remotely, then I can use ismart to unlock the cable.
It is the first time I had this problem. Wondering if anyone had similar experience.

Ismart couldn't connect to car after charging this morning. I had to use the key to unlock the car remotely, then I can use ismart to unlock the cable.
It is the first time I had this problem. Wondering if anyone had similar experience.
Non connection often happens at busy times when everyone is trying to connect to their car at the same time, for example, during the morning rush hour.
When you unlock the car it unlocks the cable for a few seconds before relocking so you don't have to use the app to unlock it.

Hi, I’m a new MG4 owner and am still getting used to the numerous options for unlocking and locking the car! I spend more time choosing which way to open the car than is really necessary! Just last week I discovered that I could connect directly to the car via Bluetooth and unlock it that way, alleviating the need for a server connection/response. All of that is fun and all, but using the boring old key is still quicker and more reliable! Actually, having said that, the small button on the door handle is really convenient and quick too.

I have found out a key feature of the app. It will work fine if you're simply trying it out to see it it works. When you actually need it, it won't.

A couple of weeks ago I parked on a type 2 charger to go to the theatre. I walked about 200 yards from the car park to the theatre and up two flights of stairs, then realised I hadn't pressed the door button to lock the car. Fine, I thought, I'll use the app. No way. Every time it asked me to confirm that the car was secure, and when I did that, threw me back to the control panel screen without locking the car. I had to fight my way down the stairs again, against the human tide that was coming up, walk back to the car park (where the car was sitting with its DRLs blazing) and press the door button. Fortunately I made it back to the theatre in time to get into my seat before curtain-up. I have no idea if the fact that the car was charging at the time caused this. I don't see why is shouldn't be possible to lock the car while it's charging.

A couple of days ago I was staying in a hotel, and the car was in the car park, locked. I had left the key in my room, as I wasn't intending to use the car that day. However I decided I needed something that was in the car. Fine, I thought, I'll use the app. I walked out to the car park and tried to open the car with the app while standing right beside the thing. No way. Time after time I was informed that the operation had failed, try again later. I had to go back into the hotel and up to my room to collect the key.

That app is a snare and a delusion.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel