iSmart connectivity with car

washingtonc1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I just took delivery of my 23 model year SE SR yesterday, only ordered it in June!
Couldn’t be happier with the car but iSmart wouldn’t connect.
Bind worked first time no probs, confirmed by message in the app.
The trick was to go into settings in the car then Privacy Policy and switch on both buttons, hey presto everything works as it should.
Happy days.

Those privacy options only apply to the Trophy model ... SE models don't have them yet can still use iSMART.

What is your Infotainment software version please?

Caveat - it's almost 8 months since I got my car, so I can't remember the precise details of everything I clicked and pressed when setting up the car. :)

IMG_1381.jpeg
IMG_1383.jpeg

So…R21 and no outside temp. Is this another confirmed case? Poor from MG not to have this sorted in 2 update revisions!

Not sure I understand what you mean .. we're talking about indication of external temperature; of course the SE should have that.

It does have it if you're on R13. I'm not moving off that until there's an update that both fixes (at least some of) the annoying bugs and preserves the outside temperature.

Not sure I understand what you mean .. we're talking about indication of external temperature; of course the SE should have that.
Should it? How do we know that wasn't a bug in the original software? I expect it is intended to be there but it would nice to have MG confirm these things one way or another.

Last edited:
Given that almost any car for the past 20+ years has had an external temperature indication, I'd be amazed if it being included on the SE was really an error rather than a design intent. After all, the sensor is already there and connected to the ECU.

Given that almost any car for the past 20+ years has had an external temperature indication, I'd be amazed if it being included on the SE was really an error rather than a design intent. After all, the sensor is already there and connected to the ECU.
I agree but with MG I wouldn't put anything past them.

Actually that R21 screenshot has 2 issues .... (1) the external temperature indication is actually missing! (Should be near the Bluetooth symbol and time at the top-right - I think in R16 this shows as --°C); (2) the AC target temperature is showing as --°C

Actually that R21 screenshot has 2 issues .... (1) the external temperature indication is actually missing! (Should be near the Bluetooth symbol and time at the top-right - I think in R16 this shows as --°C); (2) the AC target temperature is showing as --°C
AC target temp shows that if AC is turned off

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel