iSmart for multiple drivers?

AndyM

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I've got iSmart working on my own device but it's not immediately clear how I go about setting it up on my wife's phone too? Has anybody else done this yet?

Is it the same binding procedure or will that disconnect my device?

Try it. If it disconnects yours when you add your wife's phone then when you reconnect yours it will disconnect your wife's so you'd be back to square one.

We were told that you couldnt bind two ismart apps to the same car, would be handy if you can though? As would the ability to bind 1 device to several cars.

It would seem a bit odd if you could not bind 2 phones to the car, given if you are a 1 car household, you would have to take the other persons phone if you were taking the car and tyhery were not coming with you o_O

Really interested to hear the outcome of this. Can’t be doing with a step backwards from our 6 yo leaf and the rubbish app we endure with that.

It would seem a bit odd if you could not bind 2 phones to the car, given if you are a 1 car household, you would have to take the other persons phone if you were taking the car and tyhery were not coming with you o_O
There is still a key you can use. How quickly something only invented 5 minutes ago becomes something we cannot live without!

There is still a key you can use. How quickly something only invented 5 minutes ago becomes something we cannot live without!
It’s more than keyless Bluetooth entry, it’s pre-heating, setting charging, etc. If you can’t control that from more than one phone then it’s a big step back (maybe not for MG, but for comparable EVs)

It’s more than keyless Bluetooth entry, it’s pre-heating, setting charging, etc. If you can’t control that from more than one phone then it’s a big step back (maybe not for MG, but for comparable EVs)
Understood. I agree it would be better if it did more than one phone. Thing is every time you change manufacturers some things are better and some worse. Always.

I've got iSmart working on my own device but it's not immediately clear how I go about setting it up on my wife's phone too? Has anybody else done this yet?

Is it the same binding procedure or will that disconnect my device?
Log into the app on the second phone using the same credentials as the account on the first phone. Whichever was logged into more recently will log the other phone out.

That doesn't require two phones to be bound. It isn't actually the phone that holds the binding, it's the MG account.

Hi how did you manage to get ismart to connect to the MG4 I can't seem to get a verification code fo my phone

Can I ask how to do a pre-heating? Is it just to turn the AC in the cabin in the app?

Yes - slide the bottom-right slider in the Remote Control screen to the right. It'll then ask for your PIN (that you set up after binding the car) and then send the command to the car via the MG servers. When it is on you'll see an HVAC text near the top right - click on that and you'll be able to adjust the AC settings.

Note: the servers seem to be down at the moment (?) as I can't properly connect to my car via the app since last night. (Maybe I need to toggle the car unlocked/locked via car in case it is in a deep sleep).

Edit: it seems my car was in a deep sleep - I unlocked/locked it and then rescanned via the app and all worked OK.

Last edited:
They need to make the app multiple users way so anyone can use it without disconnecting. It could be more useful. So I hope they are working on that to!

For me its the pre heat and the tracking functionality which my wife could use on her phone.

We had a Merc and we were able to use their app on two phones with two logins to the one car.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back