Ismart log in failure(the service is not available,please try again later)

peter0431

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
i had using the ismart with my mg4 a few days. Suddenly logged out and can’t log in and said the service is not available, please try again later. Anyone fix this problem before?

MG's servers are either busy or having an update so all you can do is as it says and try again later.

If its any help I've just checked and I'm getting the same message and I don't usually have any problems connecting.

MG's servers are either busy or having an update so all you can do is as it says and try again later.

If its any help I've just checked and I'm getting the same message and I don't usually have any problems connecting.
I don’t think it is the server busy problem, this situation keeping me since two weeks ago.

We've just come back from a week away. The iSmart app stopped working after about 4 days. When we got back yesterday I unlocked, opened & closed and relocked but the app still did not work. This morning i sat in the car and drove it about 30cm forward and that has woken up the car/app. Like others I guess the car is going into a "deep sleep" mode.

One interesting point is that when it woke up the car had an additional 1% showing on the battery.

My car seemed to go to sleep once when I hadn't driven it for just a couple of days. But I got a slightly different message I think, not the failure try again one. It woke up normally when I got in, and then the app also worked.

On a slightly different note, I'm intrigued by the way the car knows whether the key is still inside, as opposed to being just outside the door. If I've left my key in the car the door button does nothing, but if it's on my person the door locks. How does it tell?

There are wireless proximity sensors in the car which form a sort of detection field within the confines of the car / just outside the car (front doors and boot area). When the key is detected inside the car then the door lock button is disabled - when detected outside then it is enabled.

gt849-further-guidance-01.png

There are wireless proximity sensors in the car which form a sort of detection field within the confines of the car / just outside the car (front doors and boot area). When the key is detected inside the car then the door lock button is disabled - when detected outside then it is enabled.

gt849-further-guidance-01.png
I’ve a feeling it does similar with the Bluetooth key in the app, as several times I’ve heard clicks and things from the car when I’m standing in those areas with my phone in my pocket, but the physical key in the house. Makes sense that the car has detected the Bluetooth key and is preparing to be opened.

We've just come back from a week away. The iSmart app stopped working after about 4 days. When we got back yesterday I unlocked, opened & closed and relocked but the app still did not work. This morning i sat in the car and drove it about 30cm forward and that has woken up the car/app. Like others I guess the car is going into a "deep sleep" mode.

One interesting point is that when it woke up the car had an additional 1% showing on the battery.
How did you know woke up the car? The ismart app cannot log in similar with me?

I've (MG5) several similar experiences with iSmart. Generally use it to check Kwph rate using public charger etc. Only difference being (when unable to detect the car) I kill the app go back to login sequence; generally get 'unable to detect car GPS'. I kill it again & restart the app; it seems (over the few mins) it reconnects ok. Dodgy Android software?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back