iSmart > MyProfile > Alarm Setting

Nearly There

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Picked up my Black Trophy on Wednesday, done a couple of hundred miles. Pleased with it so far...

But I have an issue with the MG iSmart app. It connects with vehicle ok and everything appears to work, but if I go to MyProfile then Alarm Settings I get a blank white screen for a second or two, then the app returns to MyProfile screen.

Anyone else seen this? My phone is Samsung S10+

Cheers,
NT

I think there are a few glitches with the app. Others have reported not being able to activate the alarms as the sliders don’t appear to work

You're very lucky to get that far. I picked up my Trophy on Thursday but despite repeated efforts since I can't bind the car. I have created an acccount and added a profile pic. The car can login to the account and upload the pic but I can't get any communication back from the car to the app. When I scan the QR code the app claims I'm logged into the correct car name but the vehicle info screen has the default 'MG' vehicle name with no data beneath. I am convinced that there is a glitch at MG's end somewhere but the dealer simply says that all manufacturers have flaky apps and I just have to keep trying.

I also have a Trophy. I tried to go to the "Alarm Settings" and had the exact same outcome - a blank screen and then return to my profile. I'm not sure if I had ever tried that button, so I don't know if it worked before...

I can only imagine that all the car software updates are bound to have an effect on the app at some point. It’s likely they need to be updated somewhat in tandem, and that being the case means glitches are likely to continue for some time yet. At least that’s my thinking, maybe it doesn’t work quite like that!

+1 here, and with an SE SR ... I get a black (blank) screen rather than white, but the same outcome - revert to profile screen.

Gives you notifications of when the vehicle has any warnings or when it has been started as far as I know

That's the question - I don't know, and nobody else seems to either. :)
:ROFLMAO: No worries. Haven’t seen it mentioned on any literature I’ve found either, although that’s maybe to be expected !

Just found an app manual of sorts…

From page 93 onwards in this manual is a full rundown of the app. Not exactly the same as the current one, but should give a good starter anyway…

Page 129 mentions the alarm, but it doesn’t clear up much…

“Alarm Settings

Users can set the alarm On or Off.

If the vehicle is in abnormal state, the system will send a message to the APP. The default state of the alarm is ON.

If the vehicle engine is started, the system will send a message to the APP. The default state of the alarm is ON.”

Picked up my Black Trophy on Wednesday, done a couple of hundred miles. Pleased with it so far...

But I have an issue with the MG iSmart app. It connects with vehicle ok and everything appears to work, but if I go to MyProfile then Alarm Settings I get a blank white screen for a second or two, then the app returns to MyProfile screen.

Anyone else seen this? My phone is Samsung S10+

Cheers,
NT
You're very lucky to get that far. I picked up my Trophy on Thursday but despite repeated efforts since I can't bind the car. I have created an acccount and added a profile pic. The car can login to the account and upload the pic but I can't get any communication back from the car to the app. When I scan the QR code the app claims I'm logged into the correct car name but the vehicle info screen has the default 'MG' vehicle name with no data beneath. I am convinced that there is a glitch at MG's end somewhere but the dealer simply says that all manufacturers have flaky apps and I just have to keep trying.
Just out of interest when you doing the bind are you dropping the 0 from your phone number.
44+ 7——- not 44+07——-
when you gone through the whole bind at some point you will get confirmation from serve.
hope this helps

Same here
If you have bind problems still see my post above.

If you have bind problems still see my post above.
It's not clear which post you're referring to.

Yes, I've dropped the zero. Car and app both login to my iSmart account, just no communication between them. Logging in from the car without the phone and QR code is troublesome as the country-code box is greyed out. I've come across several potential causes in this forum but I think the only one I've not been able to try is a potential MG server fault. Incidentally, passwords have to use only alphanumeric characters, apparently. My dealer claims that support is available through the app, but I've not found any.

It's not clear which post you're referring to.

Yes, I've dropped the zero. Car and app both login to my iSmart account, just no communication between them. Logging in from the car without the phone and QR code is troublesome as the country-code box is greyed out. I've come across several potential causes in this forum but I think the only one I've not been able to try is a potential MG server fault. Incidentally, passwords have to use only alphanumeric characters, apparently. My dealer claims that support is available through the app, but I've not found any.
Ok that is one other possibility is that the car could have bound to a another phone in which case it will not be let you in. One thing did you get a confirmation text when binding the car or after binding you have not said.

To add did you follow the step by step guide to bind the car. On MG.co.uk there is a video on how to do it. There is other thing you can do and that is get set back to clean your phone or any other phone that could be bound too. i would watch the pod cast which is at the right side of the screen.

Last edited:
The only time I received a text was when I changed the password (non-alphanumeric characters didn't work when logging-in on the car, as I recall).
I made my initial attempt to bind with the 'assistance' of the dealer's salesman. It's because that wasn't a 'smooth process' and the issue with the passwords that I suspect a MG server database inconsistency. I've only used the one iPhone to try and I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling.

On the pod cast Miles said you can send a personal massage with your problem on here and he would try to help, he is very good and is well up on MG and iSmart. It’s worth a go. I think deleting the app and reinstalling is not the answer, i think you have your account set up is to get your car refresh back to the start and re bind the car. Have a look at Miles YouTube Choley MG video on this.

Last edited:
On the pod cast Miles said you can send a personal massage with your problem on here and he would try to help, he is very good and is well up on MG and iSmart. It’s worth a go. I think deleting the app and reinstalling is not the answer, i think you have your account set up is to get your car refresh back to the start and re bind the car. Have a look at Miles YouTube Choley MG video on this.
I’d imagine Miles would quite enjoy a ‘personal massage’ ;)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back