ISMART QR code not identified.

spinner16

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I have today collected my new MG4 long range SE. I have installed the iSMART app on my iPhone 11 and registered. The issue I am having is that when trying to Bind the two and scanning the QR code I’m getting the message QR code not identified try again. It doesn’t matter how many times I try this, I get the same message. Please help!!

Attachments

• IMG_4176.png
    IMG_4176.png
    398.6 KB · Views: 122
When I first joined this forum it was common practice to either post a helpful video, post a link to the answer or give the answer not give a cryptic reply or tell them to use the search box, and yes it's frustrating to have to keep answering the same question over and over again, but why should new members be treated different to those of us who have been here some time.

Rant over :)

I used to be on the (now-defunct) Duolingo forums, and there were people there who jumped on every thread started by a newbie saying just "use the search function!" in a very aggressive tone. It was completely counterproductive.

I remember trying to say to some of the most sanctimonious offenders, you need to say nicely that there is already a thread about this, and post the link to the thread you are talking about. Otherwise it's just rude. Not that they paid a blind bit of attention.

So yes. If you have the answer and know where it is to be found, post a direct link.

i have the same issue with qr code not identified. i bought a thailand made mg4 in indonesia. the dealer told me it needs to be updated software to my local version of the ismart app.it needs a different hardware box under the glove box. so yeah. if ure in the UK. you should be able to bind it since most users here are from the UK.

When I get tired answering the same question again and again, I just don't reply and let someone else answer, rather than tell people to use the search.

I find it hard to find things with the search, so it doesn't always mean they haven't made an effort.

But the prior post I mentioned included a link ... and the reply in the linked thread said to look in the Tips thread ... which is a sticky thread for a reason! ;)

Like I said - help people to help themselves otherwise it becomes Groundhog Day. :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back