iSmart - RHD Car now showing

hahah - Looks like they have really screwed this up. They have flipped the picture and logic so if you turn on the heated seat on the drivers side it actually heats the UK passenger seat - You couldn't make this up. Been confirmed by a couple
Prior to this update, when I selected heat "driver's seat" it would heat up the left seat and it displayed the heat symbol on the left seat. Android

Now, when I select "driver seat", it displays the heat on the right seat. Yet to confirm what actual seat gets warm

EDIT: It actually warms up the passanger seat despite drawing the heat symbol on the driver's seat.

Last edited:
Prior to this updare, when I selected heat "driver's seat" it would heat up the left seat and it displayed the heat symbol on the left seat. Android

Now, when I select "driver seat", it displays the heat on the right seat. Yet to confirm what actual seat gets warm
Just checked and the passenger seat warms up when you select the driver's seat. App needs relabelling iNotSoSmart

I wonder if Gary was involved in the app coding? 😁

(Long-time forum members will get this). ;)
I’m new posting here, but have read a lot of the posts and Mr Smart seems really quite unsuitable for the position he holds, or maybe a blocker like him is what they are looking for ? 🤔

iPhone, deleted app, reinstalled. I too now have a right hand drive car. My OCD feels better now!

version of app in App Store still shows as 4 months old though. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Heated seat graphic also correct now

View attachment 17382
Hi there,

Recently picked up my MG4 Trophy on Tuesday.

Not sure if I’m missing something but I don’t have the above screen on my iSMART app?

All I have are the vehicle status screen and the batter status/range. How do I get the view to control climate control etc?

Attachments

• IMG_9565.png
    IMG_9565.png
    544.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_9566.png
    IMG_9566.png
    487.1 KB · Views: 55
Thank you! 🙏🏻🙏🏻
I’ve been searching for that for ages. I didn’t realise you had to turn the A/C on to get to that menu.
And then, just for completeness plus it’s not that obvious, hit the HVAC button at the top right to open a further settings menu.

Attachments

• IMG_2974.jpeg
    IMG_2974.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2975.png
    IMG_2975.png
    735.2 KB · Views: 54
Yes, it is pretty counterintuitive, but hey, at least we get an app that (mostly) works most of the time!

I think I’ve been spoilt in the past with the Tesla app ;)

Just one other question. I presume the digital app key doesn’t let you auto open / lock the car without using the app? On my Tesla it just opened as I touched the door handle but with this I seem to have to unlock it in the app first..

Many thanks

Just one other question. I presume the digital app key doesn’t let you auto open / lock the car without using the app? On my Tesla it just opened as I touched the door handle but with this I seem to have to unlock it in the app first..

Many thanks
Yes, I don't believe it uses the door buttons with the digital key - but I haven't tried it.

Many thanks
Yeah it’s a little bit of a faff…open the app, slide the unlock slider, then enter your 4 digit PIN code. Not too taxing, but could’ve been a lot easier

Yeah it’s a little bit of a faff…open the app, slide the unlock slider, then enter your 4 digit PIN code. Not too taxing, but could’ve been a lot easier
That is a faff. With my Tesla I didn’t need to go near my phone, I guess it’s just getting use to it. Lots of other manufactures don’t let you unlock with the app at all (mentioning nothing about the ID3 I owned for 3 months… :)

That is a faff. With my Tesla I didn’t need to go near my phone, I guess it’s just getting use to it. Lots of other manufactures don’t let you unlock with the app at all (mentioning nothing about the ID3 I owned for 3 months… :)
Indeed, it’s certainly handy to have, and maybe they will tweak it at some point. It did initially have the option to share the key, but they removed that for security reasons I believe. Just hope they don’t remove the digital key feature altogether…especially from the SE as apparently it wasn’t destined for it in the first place…

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back