iSmart "Travel" feature (Trophy version only)

morf

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi, When you open the iSmart app at the top left of the home screen you have the menu icon (3 parallel horizontal lines). When you select that you get the menu screen with 5 further options to choose. The second one down (under the "Remote Control" option) is labelled "Travel" which if selected goes to a map screen where you can search for a destination (eg a post code) which when found you can then select. Once selected it returns to the previous map screen with 2 new options at the bottom of the screen labelled "Create" and "Send". If you select "Send" then after a few moments a message pops up basically saying that the journey has been send successfully to the car.

Now the problem I have is that I cannot then find this destination anywhere in the Sat Nav on the infotainment screen (Trophy version only of course). No mention of a new destination having been set. I also tried the "Create" button which then also allows you to send it to the car (also get the same successfully sent message). Once again no sign of the destination having been sent to the Sat Nav.

Am I doing anything wrong, or this another non working function either in the iSmart software or perhaps the infotainment software? Has anyone managed to use this feature successfully?

It works but in a very unintuitive way! Once you have sent the destination from the app to your car you should get a new mail icon appearing in the top right hand corner of the car’s infotainment screen. To access that you press the button at bottom right of screen (with a car symbol, I think). Then go to user and check the tabs at the top of the screen. Sorry it’s a bit vague but am not sitting in the car.

EDIT. Sorry do not go to the car icon at bottom right of screen. Instead swipe the main screen to the left and it will bring up lots of tabs. Select user. Then select Travel Plan.

Last edited:
It works but in a very unintuitive way! Once you have sent the destination from the app to your car you should get a new mail icon appearing in the top right hand corner of the car’s infotainment screen. To access that you press the button at bottom right of screen (with a car symbol, I think). Then go to user and check the tabs at the top of the screen. Sorry it’s a bit vague but am not sitting in the car.
OK, many thanks for that, I will go and give it a try! As you say, hardly intuitive... Not sure this method is any quicker than doing a direct search in the car itself but I suppose you can do it from the comfort of your armchair.

Hi, When you open the iSmart app at the top left of the home screen you have the menu icon (3 parallel horizontal lines). When you select that you get the menu screen with 5 further options to choose. The second one down (under the "Remote Control" option) is labelled "Travel" which if selected goes to a map screen where you can search for a destination (eg a post code) which when found you can then select. Once selected it returns to the previous map screen with 2 new options at the bottom of the screen labelled "Create" and "Send". If you select "Send" then after a few moments a message pops up basically saying that the journey has been send successfully to the car.

Now the problem I have is that I cannot then find this destination anywhere in the Sat Nav on the infotainment screen (Trophy version only of course). No mention of a new destination having been set. I also tried the "Create" button which then also allows you to send it to the car (also get the same successfully sent message). Once again no sign of the destination having been sent to the Sat Nav.

Am I doing anything wrong, or this another non working function either in the iSmart software or perhaps the infotainment software? Has anyone managed to use this feature successfully?
You can also find charge points on the map by tapping the icon top right of the map and these locations can also be sent to the car.

My Travel Plan tab now won't let me access it. It's always worked perfectly before, i.e. work out route in iSmart app, send to car, open in Users - Travel Plan. Today though I sent a route plan to the car, the mail icon is showing top right on the main screen, but when I go to Users and try to select the travel plan tab, it just defaults to the first user tab instead. I plugged my destination into the sat nav fine, but the mail icon remains, as it won't clear I think until I manage to access the Travel Plan.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Yep, same here. I send a Travel Plan from the app but I cannot load them once in the car - the tab is unresponsive. Also, previously stored entries under the POI tab are now written in Chinese characters and won’t load. Resetting the infotainment screen does not solve the problem.

Yep, same here. I send a Travel Plan from the app but I cannot load them once in the car - the tab is unresponsive. Also, previously stored entries under the POI tab are now written in Chinese characters and won’t load. Resetting the infotainment screen does not solve the problem.
You’re lucky, clicking on iSmart > Travel on iOS 16.5 on my iPhone 14 Pro crashes out to the Home Screen. ☹️

Just tried mine this morning on R30. The envelope icon on the top right of the infotainment screen shows a red icon (message waiting), but the icon does nothing, cannot click it from any screen, home or navigation
Infotainment is R30.... another bug !?

Just tried mine this morning on R30. The envelope icon on the top right of the infotainment screen shows a red icon (message waiting), but the icon does nothing, cannot click it from any screen, home or navigation
Infotainment is R30.... another bug !?
I have the same. Tried to send a destination, can see the envelope with the red dot and travel plans in the User menu says (1) but when I click in it it's empty and now way to get rid of the envelope

To access the message go to settings, user and then poi. You will find the message and the envelope will disappear.
Doesn't work for me either, although this method did work a couple of months ago the last time I tried it. Now the poi tab/travel plan tab won't let me click on it.

Yeah, tried that but no joy sadly. I'll ask the dealer how to clear it next time I go in.
Please report back if you find a solution.

EDIT. Sorry do not go to the car icon at bottom right of screen. Instead swipe the main screen to the left and it will bring up lots of tabs. Select user. Then select Travel Plan.
Thanks! It works but in my case the first attempt had appeared in Users/Travelplan and the second attempt appeared in Users/POI.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back