iSMART update

JohnInFrance

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Seems that MG have updated the iSMART app (well, on Android anyhow) and ...... broken it.

There's a new section called Smart Peripherals (no idea what it's for, it's empty and just has a network error) and the charging page now says that the charge port is broken and overheating (which is strange as it's not been plugged in to charge for at least 3 days!)

Screenshot_2022-11-17-08-10-19-97_2eb9c8b5871ee1573f52dd95f3b62309.jpg

Lastly, there is now an option to start the battery heating

Screenshot_2022-11-17-08-16-37-23_2eb9c8b5871ee1573f52dd95f3b62309.jpg

Nice, and unexpected, of them to update the app but would have been nice if it had actually been tested before release too. I'm hoping the charge port error won't prevent it from charging!

Same error in Swedish version. It cut off the charging this night at 65% instead of the preset 80%. Never happened before!

Just now I tried to charge and it worked. However error message is still there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221117_071227_MG iSMART.jpg
    Screenshot_20221117_071227_MG iSMART.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 112
Same error in Swedish version. It cut off the charging this night at 65% instead of the preset 80%. Never happened before!

Just now I tried to charge and it worked. However error message is still there.
yes got the same message, Checked the car everything fine no alarms on the dash. Got to be a glitch on the app. lol

Last edited:
My app updated overnight and although I didn't charge I've got the message too. I do like the new battery scheduling panel though with remote heating etc.

This was talked about yesterday but unfortunately admin moved a load of posts android (1.1.7) ios (1.0.8)
Yes it's a bit buggy but don't effect the car just the app

Added
schedule a heating for battery which probably will not work till car has up date
And add more then one car to the app

Same here. Plugged in for a charge, walked half a kilometre away from the car, decided to look at the app, ran all the way back thinking it was on fire or something. Nope... Should have checked here first.

Had to log back into the app this morning. Usually means it has been updated, App looks just the same as before with no battery heating and no errors. Weird !!

Had to log back into the app this morning. Usually means it has been updated, App looks just the same as before with no battery heating and no errors. Weird !!
Did you look at your version number?

Just checked version number, it is still 1.1.6 so hasn't been updated.
Hopefully it won't automatic update.
Let me know when the glitch has been fixed please

Had it charging all day in work and then turned on the heating before leaving the office. Looked at my phone on the way out the door to see this over heating error. Also ran to the car thinking it was about to blow :)

Thank the lord for this group and thread I was starting to panic just then. This morning for the first time I did the daft thing of driving to work 15 miles in the pouring rain with the charge flap inner and outer wide open…..

dried it best I could at work with kitchen roll and tonight dried it properly with an IT duster and cotton buds. Plugged in and saw the port overheating error.

Though went through my mind well that’s that I have buggered it. 🤣🤣

Just so happens the app has updated and it’s a coincidence.

Phew…….

This just happened to me! I wonder how many people were running to the car while poised to dial 999 for the fire brigade!🔥🚒

The thing is we all came straight to the forum and I am sure there are many people that are not on here going through the same. How many new members were there today 🤔

Right there mate a weird coincidence. I was so mad at myself all day for leaving the charging flap wide open and then seeing that error after I had carefully dried it all out I was like well that's gonna be expensive you d!ckhead 🤣🤣
Like NOBODY else leaves there charge flap open - right ?.
( Keep it to yourself @Dpress - But I think it should have a warning light on the dash, to remind us soft buggers to shut it, when we forget AGAIN ! ).
(y)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom