Issue with activation

Scurry1974

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I have a near one month old mg 4 Trophy. The dealer could not ctivate it on delivery and a case has been raised to China.

I have no satnav or app services. I am thinking of rejecting the car as after 30 days I believe any issue is accepted. I am looking for advice.

The error on the head unit on the car is a certificate error.... I have tried WiFi and non Wi-Fi. I know of the 2 check boxes on the agreement to activate.

I have a near one month old mg 4 Trophy. The dealer could not ctivate it on delivery and a case has been raised to China.

I have no satnav or app services. I am thinking of rejecting the car as after 30 days I believe any issue is accepted. I am looking for advice.

The error on the head unit on the car is a certificate error.... I have tried WiFi and non Wi-Fi. I know of the 2 check boxes on the agreement to activate.
@Hallix73 I remember Hallix73 said they had to get a new infotainment screen fitted, so they might be able to offer advice: Infotainment Cycling Between Screens

Hi did this ever get sorted as I’m having the same issues and the dealer hasn’t a clue what to do

No progress. I have been back last week and diagnostics sent to MG.
I also got the software fix applied for the door locking issue but that did not fix it. I have since seen the screen keep flickering left an inch and back while driving....did a system reset yesterday to see what happens...

Last edited:
Having the same issue, my satnav is working but the settings for the Bluetooth for my phone appear to get lost from the memory and then my phone doesn’t connect unless I plug it in! Not sure if it’s related but plugged it in on Sunday and it only charged to 60% had the charger looked at and no issues MG suggested it could be because it was too cold! Also obviously I cannot use the iSMART app.

No progress. I have been back last week and diagnostics sent to MG.
I also got the software fix applied for the door locking issue but that did not fix it. I have since seen the screen keep flickering left an inch and back while driving....did a system reset yesterday to see what happens...
You’ve had your new car over a Month and from new the infotainment system has not worked properly? You must be a very tolerant person 🙂

You’ve had your new car over a Month and from new the infotainment system has not worked properly? You must be a very tolerant person 🙂
I really don't understand how the same system can so many different issues and what appear to be various variations of these issues.

I really don't understand how the same system can so many different issues and what appear to be various variations of these issues.
Yes, it’s usually down to poor software processes, testing and programming inconsistencies. Public release notes would help to get greater understanding of what’s going on, but are not available. I also think MG use a modular system that is very subject to user input errors, rather than a centralised system - like Tesla for example operate. Too many potential points of failure in the process.
They don’t have a system from what I can see, that can manage releases in a consistent way. Apart from consistently bad.
As far as hardware - who knows? I would guess that the infotainment hardware is not of the highest quality, although hardware issues do appear to be thankfully quite rare.

Yes, it’s usually down to poor software processes, testing and programming inconsistencies. Public release notes would help to get greater understanding of what’s going on, but are not available. I also think MG use a modular system that is very subject to user input errors, rather than a centralised system - like Tesla for example operate. Too many potential points of failure in the process.
They don’t have a system from what I can see, that can manage releases in a consistent way. Apart from consistently bad.
As far as hardware - who knows? I would guess that the infotainment hardware is not of the highest quality, although hardware issues do appear to be thankfully quite rare.
It must be all the more infuriating as pretty much everything is controlled through the system with very few physical buttons and some of them are only shortcuts

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back