Issue with Steering Wheel Button Programming on MG4 Trophy EV After R46 Update - Anyone Else?

NeilF

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi,

I've recently encountered a frustrating issue with my MG4 Trophy EV following the latest service and upgrade to software version R46. I wanted to share this problem with the community here and see if anyone else has experienced something similar.

The star buttons on the steering wheel, which can be programmed to control functions like Energy Recovery, Drive Modes, AC, and the 360-degree cameras, are acting up. Since the R46 update, the left-hand button doesn't seem to hold any new programming. Whenever I try to set it to something other than Energy Recovery, it initially accepts the change but reverts back to Energy Recovery within seconds. The right button, however, is functioning as expected.

I've made a video detailing the issue and my experience, which you can view here:

Has anyone else faced this issue with their MG4 after the R46 update? I plan to take this up with the dealer, but I wanted to gather some feedback or similar experiences from you all here first. Your insights would be really helpful!

Looking forward to your responses.

Cheers,
Neil

Yes, It Is quite a standard occurrence if they failed to apply all the required updates or if one didn't apply properly.

Can be easily fixed by the service centre by re-following the upgrade procedure

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel