It's freezing and the heater wouldn't work

Malcolm at Gold Coast

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
An early winter blast hit my area of Queensland yesterday, sub arctic conditions, rain wind more rain. the thermometer for outside was down to about 20 degrees so it was cold.

Hopped in the car and the glass was a bit foggy and it was a touch chilly so bumped up the temp to 25 and waited and had cold air, so bumped it up to HI which I think is 28 and it was still cold, so then for the next half hour the copilot pressed buttons trying different things to try and get some warm air, we had absolutely no success.
Hopped into the car this morning, pressed the go button and almost instantly had warm air pumping out, pressed buttons and played about and the warm air continued until the temp was lowered to about 23 and then it was back to cool, turn the temp back up and warm air again. So today the cooling.heating was working a treat, yesterday it was not.

It is going to be annoying if I have to start wearing long pants and jumpers to keep warm in the car.

An early winter blast hit my area of Queensland yesterday, sub arctic conditions, rain wind more rain. the thermometer for outside was down to about 20 degrees so it was cold.

Hopped in the car and the glass was a bit foggy and it was a touch chilly so bumped up the temp to 25 and waited and had cold air, so bumped it up to HI which I think is 28 and it was still cold, so then for the next half hour the copilot pressed buttons trying different things to try and get some warm air, we had absolutely no success.
Hopped into the car this morning, pressed the go button and almost instantly had warm air pumping out, pressed buttons and played about and the warm air continued until the temp was lowered to about 23 and then it was back to cool, turn the temp back up and warm air again. So today the cooling.heating was working a treat, yesterday it was not.

It is going to be annoying if I have to start wearing long pants and jumpers to keep warm in the car.
I''m in NZ, ( by the way, 20 degrees isn't considered cold here however my daughter, who lives in Robina, reckons I'm wrong)

Ive used the heater approx 5 times, and always have to set it to about 25 degreees to get it working,, then turn it down.
I think that basically the hardware ( and maybe software) isnt as good as it could be

Heating element doesn't work in Eco mode. Will only work in Normal or Sport modes.

I have had my heater on all day in Melbourne (house one I mean) to 21 and it feels comfortable! Sometimes I think you Queenslanders do it just to make us jealous ;).

Good to know the heater isn't great in ECO, my ZSEV is overdue and 9 degree drives to work would've sucked

Hi I'm in lower North island NZ and we have had regular 3-8deg mornings last week, I too have noticed the heater produces little till you nudge it above 21. So if it's 20deg outside, not a lot would happen.

Cyril

If you had eco mode on the heating does not really work. 20 you lucky Aussie , but did it rain at 4pm.?

Were you in Eco mode when heating did not kick in. Works in Normal mode but turn temp up higher initially to get the heat and turn back down.
Indeed, the whole HVAC system is decidedly odd in ECO mode; staying in NORMAL mode sorts tthis out - both for heating and for cooling. Still, I mostly use only heated seats for the cold, not the leaast of which is because there is zero battery drain & seats work off the 12v battery.

You Northern hemisphere people don't fully comprehend how awful it can be during a Queensland winter.

Another couple of weeks and it could drop down to freezing at night.

The penguins invade the beaches and the swimmers have to wear jumpers.

1685081075854.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom