Journey home

Davn

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I had a rather disturbing trip home from work yesterday, as I drove warning messages kept flashing up and systems reported not working 🤔 I thought this would be a trip to the dealers😠 it wasn't, when I got home I realised that the front of the car was covered with snow and ice and all the systems that had gone off line relied on sensors now covered. Thankfully we only have weather like this for a few days a year 😂

Yeah - has happened to me too. The cause is the camera on the windscreen (the triangle section) getting blocked so the car shuts down various systems which rely on it.

Yeah - has happened to me too. The cause is the camera on the windscreen (the triangle section) getting blocked so the car shuts down various systems which rely on it.
The windscreen camera is swept by the wipers.
I think the systems that fall over are using the nose camera.

The windscreen camera is swept by the wipers.
I think the systems that fall over are using the nose camera.
The ones that fall over use both detectors ... the nose radar and the windscreen camera. (The camera provides confirmation, and an indication of the size and type of obstruction in front). :)

Had this - Screen was frozen - and lower sensor was frozen over too - Pre heat cleared Drivers area - Not the top camera zone (Thats behind plastic trim) so still 'frozen' - Lesson learnt - Clear ALL of screen after pre heat has done the basics - & check lower sensor - But that can still get covered whilst you drive ...

But the lower sensor uses radar rather than optics, so it being covered is less of an issue. :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back