Just ordered our Exclusive ZS EV

Ian

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello, we ordered our new ZS EV yesterday and we were fortunate that they had just received delivery of the Pimlico blue Exclusive we wanted so delivery in March. This is our first EV and we have been researching Pod Point and other charging points . As we are moving home we will have to wait for the domestic charger installation for a month or two so local charge and overnight trickle charging is a temp solution. As newbies to this tech please feel free to point us in the direction of charge networks and best practice, we could should appreciate the advice. Thanks , Rita and Ian

Welcome to the forum, Ian. Good choice, and you’ve come to the right place. There are plenty of people here who are both new and experienced EV owners.
I chose PodPoint as my first charger. It’s been fine. Then when the Zappi was available, I got that to work with the solar panels. The Zappi has a clever display which shows you what’s going on with the charger. How much power it’s drawing etc.
Personally I like Polar rapid chargers. I pay the monthly subscription for Polar Plus and charge for half the cost of the Ecotricity and Instavolt chargers.

Welcome to the Pleasure Dome that is EV ownership.

You will learn a whole new relaxed way of motoring.

Agree with Stuart above about the Polar Plus network. For a small monthly fee you get a reduced cost on their Rapid Chargers and most of their 7kW chargers found in car parks are free.

Shell are also expanding their EV network and it is a good idea to sign up with them as well.

I carry the following with me:

Polar Plus RFID card
Pod-Point RFID card
ChargeYourCar RFID
Alpha keyring fob
Shell keyring fob
Ecotricity App
GeniePoint registered credit card that is then used for payment at the charger.

You will also find Engenie chargers around the UK. These are good as they just use your credit card for payment.

Some useful apps for your phone:

ZapMap
ABRP (A Better Route Planner)
PlugShare
Shell Recharge
Polar Plus
ChargeCar
PodPoint

Here is a useful video.....

Get ready ?

Last edited:
Hi Ian,
I”m still waiting to have my car delivered, but had the Rolec charger installed. So I’m unable to comment on it just yet, however the installer was fantastic and took care of dealing with the government grants etc. Disappointed that it wasn’t at the MG advertised price, mine was £375 fully installed.

Thanks Mark, We are awaiting delivery as well and as we are also moving to a new build house, so we will be in limbo regarding a home charger.

We have decided to go with Octopus re supplier of gas and Electricity as their tariff seems the lowest and lots of good reviews.

The Rolec tethered device is our choice and MG recommended at £375 installed and we are asking our builder for a 100amp supply to the consumer panel.

Buying the car was easy, there is a lot to do to arrange support for the energy out in the real world, but, have to say we are enjoying the ride :)

Hi Ian,
Might be worth checking out EDF EV tariff, which I found on the Zap Map website, I have just signed up with them.
Regarding what MG have stated in the pamphlet for Rolec prices please don’t take those for granted as mine was untethered, but nearly £100 more than advertised so just bear that in mind...
Also the car doesn’t come what the fast charging lead and so you will need to factor the cost of one of those in to unless you don’t wonder far from you home..
Regards

Thanks Mark,

Its all a bit of fun and games searching the best deals . I did order a fast charge lead with the car. The tether would be handy though to save getting the other lead from the boot :) .

Thanks

Ian

Many thanks for the tariff advice, we will revisit the quotes for power as we will be moving house shortly.

Kind regards

Ian and Rita

Our new EV has arrived :cool: Waiting to go into pdi and prep. We went a little overboard on the options, bet the salesperson was broken hearted, not , we did get a good deal though so everyone's happy. ;)
Our ZS-EV.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom