Just ordered trophy, black standard range

Lancslass1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello all
I'm new to this forum and wanted to set up, because after tons of research, test driving we decided to wait for the face-lift, then after even more research and thinking we decided to order.
Were getting standard range, black trophy.
I think for us the order process was incredibly easy, our thinking time wasn't!
It was more hassle getting the ev charger fitted, than ordering the car, but that's another story.

We have been told, this was on 18th February when we ordered that it's going to take roughly 20 weeks. I'd love to know if anyone has just ordered and what they have been told.

So my diary is set for 20 weeks time.
We haven't had a new car in years and going electric has been important to us, but it surprised us that after testing, I'm not sure I can say the names, but every single make of EV, that the MG literally was the best out of them all, especially the price, but it was hands down better than them all even working out our usage and hence why it would save more to get the standard range.
Exciting times for us and hope it is 20 weeks!!

Hello all
I'm new to this forum and wanted to set up, because after tons of research, test driving we decided to wait for the face-lift, then after even more research and thinking we decided to order.
It was more hassle getting the ev charger fitted, than ordering the car, but that's another story.

We have been told, this was on 18th February when we ordered that it's going to take roughly 20 weeks. I'd love to know if anyone has just ordered and what they have been told.

We haven't had a new car in years and going electric has been important to us, but it surprised us that after testing, I'm not sure I can say the names, but every single make of EV, that the MG literally was the best out of them all, especially the price, but it was hands down better than them all even working out our usage and hence why it would save more to get the standard range.
Welcome to the world of EV driving (in 20 weeks time), and welcome to the forum. I've only been on for a couple of months and everyone is very friendly and helpful. Hoping to get my LR Trophy in a few weeks time. Presently driving a Hyundai Kona, but found the extra space in the back of the ZS useful, and love the panoramic sun roof. :)

Pretty sure Islington motors in Trowbridge had a black trophy SR delivered to sell on Friday ( which is when my red arrived). If anyone goes and gets that let me know, will put a smile on my face i helped someone get it quickly

Hello all

Welcome to the forum. It'll be well worth the wait. I have the mk1 exclusive. Ordered the trophy LR 6th Nov was getting fed up with wait so looked at kona. Waiting list is even longer lol

Welcome to the world of EV driving (in 20 weeks time), and welcome to the forum. I've only been on for a couple of months and everyone is very friendly and helpful. Hoping to get my LR Trophy in a few weeks time. Presently driving a Hyundai Kona, but found the extra space in the back of the ZS useful, and love the panoramic sun roof. :)
Hello all, I've just had an update, and I must say I'm really impressed with the service. They have said its now 16 weeks, again, they are viewing their information and keeping me informed. They said that it could change and be longer, but they will keep us informed.

Just very excited now.
I feel sure we've made a good decision.
We feel ready now we have eventually got the ev charger fitted.

I'm getting a good feeling on here too, and I am confident that my choice was a good one too.

I have had my SE standard range for 10 days now and have to say I love it. I was probably lucky because I was on the verge of cancelling my MG5 order as it was being pushed back but also because I really wanted a ZS in the first place. Fortunately Mangoletsi had two SE standard ranges that the pre-registered so I went for the red one you see in my avatar!

I've not done too much driving in it but have always charged the car at work for free which is a big bonus. But it has been a pleasure to drive, sooo quiet and refined. I would have loved a Trophy for the sunroof but I prefer the cloth seats on mine so swings and roundabouts really

I agree you have made a good decision!

Mind if I ask how you find driving the two? (assuming you test drove the ZS!) I'm torn between the two cars, but to be honest the extra space on the MG is super appealing, the Kona seems deceptively small?

I had a phone call today to say my ZS Trophy EV ordered in November which was due early next month is now due in September!!! Anybody else had similarly ridiculous delays recently?

Mind if I ask how you find driving the two? (assuming you test drove the ZS!) I'm torn between the two cars, but to be honest the extra space on the MG is super appealing, the Kona seems deceptively small?
Yes, the Kona is small in the back and my son is 6 feet tall, so it's a bit cramped in the back. Driving experience was no different. Handling and performance were very similar so I felt right at home in the ZS. I do find the regen paddles in the Kona useful, but not a deal breaker.

I have had my SE standard range for 10 days now and have to say I love it. I was probably lucky because I was on the verge of cancelling my MG5 order as it was being pushed back but also because I really wanted a ZS in the first place. Fortunately Mangoletsi had two SE standard ranges that the pre-registered so I went for the red one you see in my avatar!

I've not done too much driving in it but have always charged the car at work for free which is a big bonus. But it has been a pleasure to drive, sooo quiet and refined. I would have loved a Trophy for the sunroof but I prefer the cloth seats on mine so swings and roundabouts really

I agree you have made a good decision!
Fabulous news, and I don't think not having a sunroof is too bad. Im so glad you are loving your new car!!!!

I had a phone call today to say my ZS Trophy EV ordered in November which was due early next month is now due in September!!! Anybody else had similarly ridiculous delays recently?
Oh no..... That is terrible news, and I'm actually waiting for that kind of call too.
I ordered an id3, which was then changed to a 53 week wait, which I cancelled.
Then I ordered a Renault zoe and the same again, and it's why we ordered the MG because the person who helped us was very honest and I liked that.
If I'm told it will be longer, I'm not sure how I'd be.
I hope you can hang on

Hi. I am sure you will love you new car. I have a zs exclusive ev new sept 2021 and we are sooooo impressed we have ordered a trophy for sept 2022. For years I have always had a new Jaguar xe / x type every 3 yrs but that cost about the same as the mg but the price of an electric Jaguar at more than double the price of a mg made me think it was a big investment for a first electric car incase I did not like it …so the initial Mg zs was for me a ‘toe dip’ in the ev motoring …. And I have to say I am so impressed with the mg and the value for money hence ordering a trophy!! I suspect after a few weeks of driving you will never look back ! I filled up my classic car yesterday £104 !! The EV is the future

Hello all

Welcome. I am a newby. I ordered my car two weeks ago and was told it would arrive 31/3. I picked it up yesterday. I also researched and drove cars. Loved the MG. Loving the new shape even more. I have the Trophy EV SR dynamic red.

Hello all

I ordered MG ZS EV long range in December and told to expect delivery in March, I have now checked and delivery is going to be June at the earliest. My local dealer has temporarily stopped taking orders because the cars are so popular but lead times are very long.😡

I've ordered an SE standard range back in mid February, went for a lease option rather than out and out ownrship (worked out about £140 a month cheaper) I was told end of May for delivery, but I won't be holding my breath for that delivery date.
I also can't get a home charger, so will have to charge on the go. Any advice for the cheapest most reliable provider ?

I've ordered an SE standard range back in mid February, went for a lease option rather than out and out ownrship (worked out about £140 a month cheaper) I was told end of May for delivery, but I won't be holding my breath for that delivery date.
I also can't get a home charger, so will have to charge on the go. Any advice for the cheapest most reliable provider ?
Tesco stores have free to use Pod-Point chargers. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom