Kers 3 at 100% on MG5 (also missing DAB Radio)

I have FL 5. Charged at work on 7kw to 100%. Left work and KERS works immediately.

OK, so I have a 21 plate SR excite, and have experienced some different antics of the MG5 battery recently with KERS.
During the first year, if I charged to an indicated 100% SOC and hopefully equalised being on the charger long enough, it would not give me regen at all for some miles, would just coast, and trying to switch to KERS3, it would give a warning message, it can't do it. All as expected with a full battery.

However, in the second year of ownership, after an indicated 100% charge and leaving it for hours to equalise, it now allows KERS3 switching from starting off, and also gives full regen immediately.
Something has clearly changed - either it is not doing an equalise, or it is not charging to 100%, as it indicates, or it's degraded in some way but not showing it in range I don't believe. I've only ever used the granny and AC 7.5kW to go to 100% every 2 or 3 months or so, as I don't do many miles.
Has anyone else seen this change of behaviour with KERS at 100%?
I read your post with interest and tried to leave my 7kW home charger on for several hours to get the battery equalisation done and perhaps have KERS 3 at 100% charge too. I don't know if all the cells equalised on my 21 plate SR exclusive and it was unable to get KERS 3 to engage until under 95% charge.
I noted that once the battery has been charged, the app for my Hypervolt charger shows 0 amps going to the car so there's apparently no difference charging for the minimum time or leaving the charger on for several hours! Does the equalisation procedure require a charger to stay on after 100% has been reached or does equalisation take place after the battery SOC gets close to 100%?

I read your post with interest and tried to leave my 7kW home charger on for several hours to get the battery equalisation done and perhaps have KERS 3 at 100% charge too. I don't know if all the cells equalised on my 21 plate SR exclusive and it was unable to get KERS 3 to engage until under 95% charge.
I noted that once the battery has been charged, the app for my Hypervolt charger shows 0 amps going to the car so there's apparently no difference charging for the minimum time or leaving the charger on for several hours! Does the equalisation procedure require a charger to stay on after 100% has been reached or does equalisation take place after the battery SOC gets close to 100%?
After 100%, takes about 300W of power. maybe not registering on your Hypervolt but if you have an IHD (in home display) have a look at that.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom