Kit provided with new car?

Rhonddabiker

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I've just taken delivery of a new MG ZS EV (delivered on a trailer from MG main agent, bought on the internet)
The emergency kit in the "boot" seems a bit sparse ie. no jack, wheel brace, locking wheel nut tool etc.
It has the emergency puncture kit, plastic thingy for removing wheel nut caps. And that's about it.
Can anybody tell me if there's anything missing. Dealer says

You do not get a proper spare so jack etc not supplied, nor locking wheel nut tool as it does not have them. Do you have the granny charger in there, and a type2 cable?

You can if you want to buy a spare from MG for £250 or ebay for about £150 which has the jack etc.

Upvote 0
I've just taken delivery of a new MG ZS EV (delivered on a trailer from MG main agent, bought on the internet)
The emergency kit in the "boot" seems a bit sparse ie. no jack, wheel brace, locking wheel nut tool etc.
It has the emergency puncture kit, plastic thingy for removing wheel nut caps. And that's about it.
Can anybody tell me if there's anything missing. Dealer says
Don’t bother searching for the type 2 public charging cable, you don’t get one of them either !.
No locking wheel nuts as standard as well.

Upvote 0
Don’t bother searching for the type 2 public charging cable, you don’t get one of them either !.
No locking wheel nuts as standard as well.

To be fair, I did get a granny charger and a Type 2 public charging cable when I bought my wife's ZS EV from the dealer in Falkirk but nothing else. I've had to buy mats and locking wheel nuts myself and I bought a 'universal' set of mud flaps which actually don't fit, so they're in my garage!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Upvote 0
To be fair, I did get a granny charger and a Type 2 public charging cable when I bought my wife's ZS EV from the dealer in Falkirk but nothing else. I've had to buy mats and locking wheel nuts myself and I bought a 'universal' set of mud flaps which actually don't fit, so they're in my garage!

Cheers

Bloggsy
The "Granny" charger is supplied with the car as standard equipment in every car, but the type 2 cable will only be provided as a "Paid" option, unless your dealer is feeling very generous !.
The "MG Protection Pack" was good value when I bought mine, it was about £130.00 if my memory serves me correctly.
You got ZS EV logo front mats, plus the tailored rears mats.
Plus the boot liner and front & rear mud flaps in with the deal.

Upvote 0
I got front and back mats. rubber boot liner and Type 2 cable thrown in because of the roof rail nonsense...complain and things might happen

Upvote 0
I got front and back mats. rubber boot liner and Type 2 cable thrown in because of the roof rail nonsense...complain and things might happen

Darn! If only I knew that, I might've been able to twist the stealer's arm to giving me some mats and a boot liner ;) I only got the Type 2 cable!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Upvote 0
Are you supposed to get a 12 month AA or RAC card when you buy the MG ZS EV? I got mine when most places were furloughed at the end of January 21, I had to pick the car up at a Suzuki dealership as MG Chaplehouse Wigan was closed :( I still don't know if they've re-opened ☹️

Upvote 0
Are you supposed to get a 12 month AA or RAC card when you buy the MG ZS EV? I got mine when most places were furloughed at the end of January 21, I had to pick the car up at a Suzuki dealership as MG Chaplehouse Wigan was closed :( I still don't know if they've re-opened ☹️
I didn't get a card when I bought mine. You do get free 1 year membership and annual renewal cover if you pay for a MG service.

Your car Reg number is your membership number.

Details here

Upvote 0
I didn't get a card when I bought mine. You do get free 1 year membership and annual renewal cover if you pay for a MG service.

Your car Reg number is your membership number.

Details here

Ah! Thanks for that, I wasn't sure if it was a physical card. (y)

Upvote 0
I got a card in the wallet with the manuals (July 2020), maybe they just stopped issuing them.

Upvote 0
Ah! Thanks for that, I wasn't sure if it was a physical card. (y)

I got a card in the wallet with the manuals (July 2020), maybe they just stopped issuing them.
It is a physical card, I thought I hadn't received one but found it lurking in the wallet with the manuals. Give it a good shake

Upvote 0
The card I received in the black wallet looks like this :-

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 19.20.09.png

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom