Kit provided with new car?

Rhonddabiker

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I've just taken delivery of a new MG ZS EV (delivered on a trailer from MG main agent, bought on the internet)
The emergency kit in the "boot" seems a bit sparse ie. no jack, wheel brace, locking wheel nut tool etc.
It has the emergency puncture kit, plastic thingy for removing wheel nut caps. And that's about it.
Can anybody tell me if there's anything missing. Dealer says

I've just had a look through the black wallet in the glove box & no card in there! I didn't get any other paperwork with the garage being Furloughed and having to pick the car up at a Suzuki dealership. ☹️
Take a photo of the card and save it to your phone.
You could ring the number on the card, quote your reg number and ask them if it appears on there system.
If so, I would not be overly concerned to be honest.
If they see your car on the data base, your covered.
If it is NOT on the data base, you need to chase the dealer ASAP.
I think you will find it has been registered by the dealer, but they have not included the plastic card with the pack.
Worth double checking though !.

Upvote 0
Take a photo of the card and save it to your phone.
You could ring the number on the card, quote your reg number and ask them if it appears on there system.
If so, I would not be overly concerned to be honest.
If they see your car on the data base, your covered.
If it is NOT on the data base, you need to chase the dealer ASAP.
I think you will find it has been registered by the dealer, but they have not included the plastic card with the pack.
Worth double checking though !.
I was inquisitive on this one so rang the AA and got through, would you believe it , to a dedicated MG EV line , and found out that I am covered on my Reg until 2024 , got the car the January , so that is positive news for all new MG EV owners

Upvote 0
I was inquisitive on this one so rang the AA and got through, would you believe it , to a dedicated MG EV line , and found out that I am covered on my Reg until 2024 , got the car the January , so that is positive news for all new MG EV owners
Interesting, covered until 2024. Maybe we don't need the service for the renewal ?

Upvote 0
Looks that way doesn't it
Are you the Lady who I saw in the White Rose?
Emphatically not, Never been to White Rose and hopefully never will. :)

Missus hasn't manged to drag me there yet but the day will inevitably come.

Upvote 0
Emphatically not, Never been to White Rose and hopefully never will. :)

Missus hasn't manged to drag me there yet but the day will inevitably come.
It was just you have a blue mg and I spoke to a lady who had one and we had a good chat, she told me about the Leeds Permit after which I applied and still waiting , how long did yours take to arrive?

Upvote 0
No need , call AA give them your Reg and they will confirm you have cover for 4 years

Upvote 0
It was just you have a blue mg and I spoke to a lady who had one and we had a good chat, she told me about the Leeds Permit after which I applied and still waiting , how long did yours take to arrive?
My permit did not take long at all maybe a couple of weeks, I applied last year and never used it due to lockdown. Did you upload your proof and get an email reply acknowledging receipt ?
On the website it said valid until end of March 2021, so thought perhaps in line with the free chargers ending this year that might have ended too. Then out of the blue a renewal came through for another year a few days before the old one expired.

Upvote 0
My permit did not take long at all maybe a couple of weeks, I applied last year and never used it due to lockdown. Did you upload your proof and get an email reply acknowledging receipt ?
On the website it said valid until end of March 2021, so thought perhaps in line with the free chargers ending this year that might have ended too. Then out of the blue a renewal came through for another year a few days before the old one expired.
First application got no response so phoned them and they said they need the full V5C ,I only sent front page , so applied again last week with full document so will chase next week if I hear nothing
I also noted somewhere that the Woodhouse Lane car park chargers are currently free

Upvote 0
First application got no response so phoned them and they said they need the full V5C ,I only sent front page , so applied again last week with full document so will chase next week if I hear nothing
I also noted somewhere that the Woodhouse Lane car park chargers are currently free
Woodhouse Lane are 7kw chargers not the rapids. They have a £1 connection charge then free to use or if you have a BP pulse membership completely free.
Not used them but handy for long term parking, also as the car park is free (with a permit :) ) also handy for events at the Arena.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom