Knocking noise coming from the front sorted.

djngolf

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I've noticed a knocking noise coming from the front of my MG4 It is more obvious on bumpier roads.
Today I decided to investigate having removed everything from the cabin to eliminate stuff. On opening the bonnet I happened to touch things that may be causing said knock and found that the coolant caps were the culprit, they rattle even when fully tightened. Quick cure was a bit electrical tape wrapped round the filler cap. Job done! no more annoying knocking. It's as if a washer has been left out causing the cap to move. Please check yours and let me know if mine was a one off.

Now having had another good look at the under side of the coolant caps it does look like they have a vent system in built, think I'll leave as they were with no tape and listen to them rattle!

Now having had another good look at the under side of the coolant caps it does look like they have a vent system in built, think I'll leave as they were with no tape and listen to them rattle!
Just a piece down the side but not sealing might prevent the movement and still allow to vent

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back