kWh per mile

Mark Holmes

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Used the car today and managed to achieve 4.1 kWh per mile which seems fairly good, what are you getting on average?.

At 4.1kWh / mile that gives you a range of about 12 miles.

Don't you mean 4.1 miles per kWh ?

It's not too shabby.

If you can average that from full charge to 20% SOC then you are doing great in the current mild winter temperatures we are having in the UK.

Short journeys, that should be easily achievable.

Longer trips, I would say anything above 3.8 miles/kWh in the current climate is excellent.

Welcome to the wonderful world of EV ownership.

Cheers and thank you for your reply, On another note I also found a Pod-Point charging unit at a travel lodge, which charged at 7 KWh, which was free and there were no parking charges. So topped up 18.2kwh for free, which I’m like very much please see the attached.
DCFC603C-53A0-4B8A-B10B-4E4D680DD541.jpeg

Hi Mark, I’ve been averaging 3.5 Kw/h although it has recently risen to 3.6.
I used my first public charger the other day but it was a standard three pin plug supply albeit with a type 2 socket. It was a bit of a waste of time as I gained 4 miles range, still it was free ?

Look at the Pod point locations and hotels as these seem to be the faster charge, not rapid, but free all the same.

Hi everyone, just put up a post, I got 4.6 miles per kilowatt hour today, hilly country south of Bristol.
Driving very carefully with, Eco on,regen3,HVAC off, tyres about 33 psi.

kev.

Nope! I couldn't have got back home:giggle: I have to say I am very surprised myself, but also really happy.
Been trying to save juice since I brought a Yamaha RD200 in 1978!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom