Lane assist in MG4 and Driving EVs in Europe

DonCMTrophy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi…I have just bought the MG4 Trophy after owning the MG5 EV
Delighted with both cars, but, the MG4 had to have a re-boot after experiencing software problems. Would like to know how to permanently turn off lane change assist and lane keep assist? Also, can anyone share their experience of driving in Europe because I would like to take the car to Holland

this tread will answer all LKA questions, essentially you you not be able to permanently turn it off although some people’s car allow this.

Just make sure you have a decent RFID card for foreign travel, eg Electroverse and Shell Recharge. Also, consider Tesla app. I believe all the Tesla superchargers in Holland are open to all.

this tread will answer all LKA questions, essentially you you not be able to permanently turn it off although some people’s car allow this.
Thanks…Very useful

Just make sure you have a decent RFID card for foreign travel, eg Electroverse and Shell Recharge. Also, consider Tesla app. I believe all the Tesla superchargers in Holland are open to all.
Great…Many thanks

Many thanks

There’s no switch. MGUK say the lights are flat beam and need no adjustment
Agreed but the nearside beam is adjusted a little higher than the offside so it illuminates the pavement which doesn't help abroad.

Before you go shine the lights against a wall and lower the nearside beam until it's level with the offside making a note of how many turns it took so it can be adjusted back on your return.

Agreed but the nearside beam is adjusted a little higher than the offside so it illuminates the pavement which doesn't help abroad.

Before you go shine the lights against a wall and lower the nearside beam until it's level with the offside making a note of how many turns it took so it can be adjusted back on your return.
Or swap them once you are over there

The MG4 Has flat-beam headlights so no need for deflectors or adjustments to drive in Europe
Agreed but has previously been said the nearside beam is a little higher than the offside wich may cause approaching cars in Europe to be blinded although in practice I haven't been stopped in my previous cars when I've forgotten the beam deflectors.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back