Lane Assist

Mossup77

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Hi, apologies if this has already been asked, ive seen a lot of people complaining about the lane assist. Ive just got my new car and had the journey from hell driving home with it turned on. I have since turned it off, but is this something i have to do everytime i use the car?

Hi, apologies if this has already been asked, ive seen a lot of people complaining about the lane assist. Ive just got my new car and had the journey from hell driving home with it turned on. I have since turned it off, but is this something i have to do everytime i use the car?
There are many threads on this already but to save you searching, yes you do.

Lane Keep Assist LKA only comes into play when you drive above 40m/h. So if you are driving in town it is ok. When you drive faster you should have it off. Also, you can put it on low sensitivity. It seems to keep that setting.

I don't need to turn it off but if I enter dual carriage ways I do feel the a slight pull from time to time which is fine.

Relax and enjoy your brilliant new car

I've a theory and I think the strength of steering adjustment is because the steering column is bang on central. The cars with lka that un noticeable are elongated steering wheels so the top of the wheel is further from the steering column than the bottom. Makes me wonder if the force used to turn the wheel is significantly less at on a steering wheel like that. Excuse the scribble, tremor makes my drawings different.
Screenshot_20240105-124438_Chrome.jpg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel