Lane Assist

Hells2305

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi
New to EVs and MG. I have the MG4 Trophy - absolutely love it and am on several Facebook groups for the MG4, and can’t seem to get a straight answer for something!
The car has lane assist which is quite severe and feels like someone snatched the wheel from you - my drive out of my house is a country winding lane so I switch lane assist off. It defaults to on every time you restart the car so each time I get in I have to turn it off. Some owners say theirs is permanently off and some of us have to keep switching it off every time we get in the car. Some say a software update fixes that, my question is how do you get a software update on the car - does the dealer do that and how do I know when a software update is available? My MGiSmart app updated the other day but assume that doesn’t update the car?

Thank you

There isn't a single piece of software, rather there are numerous modules that look after different functions. Updates or patches to these are issued periodically but MG don't advise when these are issued or what improvements they make so you would need to speak to your dealer for that.

The most urgent fix to have applied is the one that controls door locking without which a number of people have been locked in their cars unable to exit. This was issued around the 14th December, Many people feel this is so severe that a recall should have been issued, but it hasn't been so it is down to customers to request.

I believe there has been more than one update to the module that controls LKA. An early version allowed the function to be turned off until the driver re-engaged it but the latest version turns it back on again every time the car is restarted as required for maximum NCAP scores but is now apparently less severe and likely to make you crash.

Only dealers can tell you which versions of modules you have, if there are any updates and undertake the update for you.

Dealer only for updates, this forum is really good for finding out about what updates are available

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back