Last minute questions for dealer

So, been in touch with dealer and been assured that all updates are done and AA card is in the welcome pack - he's even trying to find a teddy!

Doing the baptism of fire drive of 300 miles back home will mean stopping a few times to recharge. I've read that I should try and stay in the slipstream of trucks, don't go over 60mph, keep it in Eco mode, warm my bum and nothing else, and stick to KERS3 to minimise battery usage.
Any other advice for driving so my wife doesn't laugh at a failure on the very first drive!?
I did a 760 mile round trip from the south coast to Hartlepool and back last year and found plenty of choice in Rapid chargers on the M1/A1 corridor. I stopped every 70-80 miles or so at Holiday Inns or Beefeaters etc for comfort breaks and refreshment. Plan using Zap-Map for suitable stops with nearby backups just in case and enjoy the journey. I'm sure you will enjoy the car.

I'm fully to to date, as best I can tell anyway, have all the functionality - comfort pack 2 that everyone else has. No bongs, constant temperature & GOM, charge unlocked on AC.

Didn't get an MG teddy btw, got an MG water bottle with hidden key holder!
Good, I had the coffee mug to keep my drink warm if that is any good.

I noticed the speed camera alerts don't do anything, even though you can set them up on the nav 😟
Told you, MG installed the top Snooper dashcam which has all the speed camera etc free. Everything in a new car should work as claimed from motor to speed camera to interior light.

I noticed the speed camera alerts don't do anything, even though you can set them up on the nav 😟

Strange - A get a verbal warning that says "you are over the speed limit". Without testing, I think you have to fire up the satnav at least once for the verbal warnings to be sounded, but I could be wrong (not driving much due to lockdown).

Strange - A get a verbal warning that says "you are over the speed limit". Without testing, I think you have to fire up the satnav at least once for the verbal warnings to be sounded, but I could be wrong (not driving much due to lockdown).
That one works with the Nav on and only alerts you that you are over the limit but doesn't alert you to cameras.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom