Latest software version for MG4 SR please

Unless you need an Infotainment update, stay with R13. R21 is the latest, but both it and R16 lose the external temperature indication. (R21 should give the new AC controls page).

For some people it is, e.g. as a safety indication.

Example: temperature falls below 4C and you get your one and only Low Temp warning message (assuming the temp doesn't rise above 4C). If the temp falls lower then you have no indication of this, until you hit some black ice and wonder where your traction has gone. :)

It's in the Settings menu in the car. Click on the Cog symbol.

Note: this only tells you the Infotainment version - there's no (official) way to discover any software/firmware versions for other modules.

I have yet to discover what use R16 ever was, and indeed what if anything R21 does other than change the layout. As far as I have been able to ascertain, none of the known bugs has been addressed by either, and they introduce a new one for good measure.

For some people it is, e.g. as a safety indication.

Example: temperature falls below 4C and you get your one and only Low Temp warning message (assuming the temp doesn't rise above 4C). If the temp falls lower then you have no indication of this, until you hit some black ice and wonder where your traction has gone. :)

I'm also quite interested to know whether the temperature is just hovering below 4 degrees or has plummeted to maybe -15 degrees.

It never gets particularly cold here and I use CarPlay all the time, so I don't have an external temperature visible when driving the car. The ice warning is plenty sufficient for me.

I am not saying it doesn't matter to some - but it will depend where you live and how you use the car and whether this is important to you.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back