Latest software version trophy - collecting today

I asked them to make sure they had installed 1300R46, which is the latest version (according to @siteguru , I think), and they assured me that they had, but when we picked it up, it has 1300R40, which still seems fine. I think someone else on here said that R46 was only being installed in Trophies that had a bluetooth issue? We picked up our Trophy on Saturday.

Here in AT it is kind of a lottery at least with an xpower. I got mine with R46 installed, another one got R40 two weeks later by another dealer.

Tbh, I was initially disappointed to not have R46, but it certainly hasn't been a problem so far to 'only' have R40. Reading around the forum, I get the impression that a lot of bugs in the Trophy were fixed by this one, and it seems to be fine for us. More important to get the car binded (bound?), and go through the collection checklist, we felt.

It’s all good and drives very well. They changed some settings for LKA to just alert me if moving between lanes which is good. Appreciate all your help!

What does everyone think about the keyless start? Does MG4 got any reports of being hacked?

It’s all good and drives very well. They changed some settings for LKA to just alert me if moving between lanes which is good. Appreciate all your help!

What does everyone think about the keyless start? Does MG4 got any reports of being hacked?
Huh? Are you implying this works permanently?

Bluetooth is not designed as a secure protocol. Don't trust it with your cars keys.

Bluetooth is not designed as a secure protocol. Don't trust it with your cars keys.
I’m not an encryption expert but encryption is mandatory in Bluetooth after devices are paired.
The app disconnects from Bluetooth and is not discoverable when it’s not in the foreground, so unless there’s someone waiting for you and doing some force hacking it’s as safe as a regular key.
Is it not?

I don't know about being hacked, but losing your phone could be a problem for some people.

In my case dropping the phone on a dog walk with the dog tracker on, could in theory lead to someone following the track back to the car and driving it away.

The tracker stops the phone sleeping, and for some reason I don't have to reenter the ismart pin each time I use it as a key.

I have it disabled most of the time now as it is quite quick to re-enable.

Thanks everyone. After reading online about how relay-transmitter system works and how they can intercept the signal to unlock and drive the cars away. I would just leave it disabled I think. I am using faraday box as well for the keys so hopefully that helps!

Is there a way to change driving mode from Normal to something else permanently?

Also is there a way to block backseat passengers to control their windows? I had to do it every time I use the car for the kids.

Last edited:
Normal mode - the car defaults to that every time you sit on the driver's seat. I have drive mode configured for my Left star button. (With regen on the Right star button).

Rear windows - you have to press the "lock" button every time after you sit on the driver's seat (as far as I know - the lock setting isn't remembered).

PS - your profile still shows as Driving: Not an MG. I suggest you update this so that people helping in future know which model you have, as advice can vary for some issues between SE and Trophy, and also between SE SR and SE LR.

It's is annoying when you find out that some settings can not be stored. You wonder when they have the management meetings they all decide "let's make it difficult for the driver everytime they start the car" :)

And when you ask the "management" they always say that's impossible to do. We all know (I know as I am a software programmer) that it's always just lies to fob you off with.

How hard would it really be to store the settings and make things better for people.

I pick up my Trophy on Monday and just spoken to the dealer to ask can they make sure R46 is installed and they said "I don't know what version is installed but it will be the latest so don't worry" so I said why don't you just walk 50m to where the car is currently parked in your car lot and take a look, just takes 3 mins and it will make me happy.

I'll see if he phones back like he promised!! but knowing my luck it will be R40 and then he'll fob me off as that is the latest version.....

If you meant LKA then yes. All it does for me now is sounding an alert if it happens. That’s all.
How is this possible? It suggests your car has been permanently locked to Alert mode. This contradicts to the default behaviour to always start the car with ELK activated.
Is there anyone with the same functionalities?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back