Ledbar Luxury/Trophy and front off

Vingnut

Established Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Here is a YT video from Magoulas Fabrications, where he shows us how he mounted his led bar on an MG4 Luxury/Trophy.

He is taking the front fender off in his quest and have an accident (must se). I think this video is very interesting for those of us that do stuff our selves on the car. In addition to mounting a ledbar he is changing tyres to 205/60r16 studded wintertyres in this video.
Note were the radar is mounted in the front fender, am I mistaken when I say it seem to not be mounted belowe the numberplate as most of us have thought?

He does also have other videos that might interest you like subwofer instalation and painting the brakes and stuff on the MG4.

Note were the radar is mounted in the front fender, am I mistaken when I say it seem to not be mounted below the numberplate as most of us have thought?
Unless it's attached to the inside of the bumper/fender and came away when it dropped?

Unless it's attached to the inside of the bumper/fender and came away when it dropped?
Nope, it seem to be beside the camera (to the right and very slightly below. He janked the cables out of the plugs to the camera and the radar when he dropped the fender.
If that is correct whe can mount ledbars below the numberplate without any problems.

Hi there!!!

if you mount a ledbar place it under the number plate.
The front radar is on the left side of the camera when you look the car from the front.

I have been driving one week with the ledbar and auto pilot with no problems at all.

The radar is mounted on the bumper and the cables is not so long.
Take the bumper out place it on the floor in front of the car and disconnect all the plugs.
If you disconnect the minus from the car a lot of faults will come when you reconnect it.
Do not stress drive the car for 2 kilometres lock it and unlock it and the faults is gone.

🙂

Here is the radar unit at the rear of the bumper, you can see the camera mounting position and hole next to it...
1699719626457.png

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom