My MG4 Trophy is Dangerous. And other Rants

Hoping the software update will make it work better. Booked for Sept 4th. Even it is as good as any other car it will be a vast improvement!

I don't get caught in traffic jams very often these days, but I can see that it would be a big help. Cramp in the muscles of the front of the right shin is no fun. I wouldn't mind if the ACC was a bit smoother, but I'm unlikely ever to turn anything on that lets the car move the steering wheel, or certainly not at more than about 10 mph.

I drove my Trophy for the first time yesterday and on an a single lane A road driving normally the lane asssist kept coming on even though I was driving in the middle of my lane. Will definitely turn that off.

Does that happen to everyone who uses lane assist? If so I can't see the purpose of it, I thought it would only come on if you drifted towards the white line.

Sorry for adding to the thread. Didn't realise it would be taken in this way.
Don't apologise, no need. It was just that you resurrected an old thread and took people by surprise. There have been many more recent conversations about this topic.

I drove my Trophy for the first time yesterday and on an a single lane A road driving normally the lane asssist kept coming on even though I was driving in the middle of my lane. Will definitely turn that off.

Does that happen to everyone who uses lane assist? If so I can't see the purpose of it, I thought it would only come on if you drifted towards the white line.
It isn't a brilliant system so it misfires a lot, especially on country roads where it can get confused. It isn't clear why it is inferior, since the tech is sourced from the same places as other manufacturer. Possibly MG have not spent enough time calibrating it properly.

That said, this is the most hated feature on all modern cars, so nobody has a perfect system.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 523 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back