Left leg RHD Facelift

slmorgan42

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hey

Just curious does anyone else struggle to find a comfortable place to put their left leg? I am only 5'9" so not massive.

Thanks for your thoughts :)

I find it OK but I'm a couple of inches shorter than you.

Yeah I find it a challenge, sometimes I inadvertently rest my foot under the brake pedal which isn't a good idea because when the car auto brakes it makes a very determined attempt to crush my foot with the pedal!

I think this is possibly one of the consequences of converting an ICE car to electric! Floor ends up being higher and as a result everything is ever so slightly out of place and not how the original designer intended.

Try raising the seat. If its like the mk1, as you go up, it moves forward, so you have to raise and move backward. I found once the height was correct my legs were more comfortable. The biggest issue with ice converted to EV is they sling the battery in your foot space and there's not enough depth between bum and floor.

I have tried the seat high and low. High does seen to be better.

I feel like the foot rest good go back a lot further which wound help as there is loads of room behind it. Like jomhd937 said I find myself with me foot sitting under the break peddle asi can stretch it out more :)

The other thing is the center console. It curse in towards the peddles. If this was more to the left my leg would end up being more straight.

I just notice it on longer trips. Getting a little leg cramp.

Yeah I’m not a huge fan of that block to the left of the brake. I was considering dismantling it and seeing what’s there, maybe it can just be removed…

I'm 5'10" and find the the foot rest to be too high compared to the accelerator peddle. If I have the seat far enough back to make it comfortable it doesn't give much space for rear passengers.

Yeah I’m not a huge fan of that block to the left of the brake. I was considering dismantling it and seeing what’s there, maybe it can just be removed…
Yep agree. If it was moved towards the front of the car I would be happy. If so you remove ut I would love to hear what you find.

I'm 5'10" and find the the foot rest to be too high compared to the accelerator peddle. If I have the seat far enough back to make it comfortable it doesn't give much space for rear passengers.
Yeah the rest is not in line with the pedals seems further towards the driver.

I've had to completely change how I sit to get comfortable. The trouble I have is my right leg as I use the ACC quite a bit and wound up with pain in my right hip.
Wound up further back than usual and higher.

I’m 6’4” and have no issues with the foot rest or seat position. Admittedly I don’t do many miles but have done some runs over 100 miles without any aches at the end

On top of the dash. ;)
In days of long ago (pre electric MG) , my wife had a Citroen C3 and drove a fair bit. On occasion I stole it and always regretted doing so. She had it set for her own short but shapely frame and I used to moan that she actually sat in front of the steering wheel. Then she would subsequently moan back that it was unsafe for her to drive from the rear seats.

I had the opportunity to sit in a LHD MG5 Facelift while in France. The left leg position is much better. The difference is the RHD your leg is next to the centre console that curves in towards your legs where as the LHD is just straight down the side of the car.

I have removed my footrest from my facelift MG 5. Loads better for me, you do have to do a bit of surgery though. Cut the carpet around the foot rest and removed the foam wedge underneath.

Last edited:
I have removed my footrest from my facelift MG 5. Loads better for me, you do have to do a bit of surgery though. Cut the carpet around the foot rest and remover the foam wedge underneath.
Hey
Yeah I think that would make a lot of difference. How was the foam wedge attached?

i have to decide if I am up to cutting the carpet though.

The foam is bonded to the carpet. I cut all the way around the base of the footrest and removed. I purchased a large footrest cover, metal and plastic to cover over the missing carpet and give you a covered area to rest your foot. Looks good and factory. Loads better for me. More room and more comfortable for my foot and ankle.

The foam is bonded to the carpet. I cut all the way around the base of the footrest and removed. I purchased a large footrest cover, metal and plastic to cover over the missing carpet and give you a covered area to rest your foot. Looks good and factory. Loads better for me. More room and more comfortable for my foot and ankle.
Very cool thanks for sharing.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom