Left leg RHD Facelift

I’ve found myself man-spreading, resting my left knee against the centre console. I’ve gotten used to it after a year and half ownership and find it odd when when I get in our second car (2013 Smart4Two auto) and the foot rest is miles away!

I’ve found myself man-spreading, resting my left knee against the centre console. I’ve gotten used to it after a year and half ownership and find it odd when when I get in our second car (2013 Smart4Two auto) and the foot rest is miles away!
Lol thats one of my positions. I just have to watch when turning left or my hands hits my knee lol

The foam is bonded to the carpet. I cut all the way around the base of the footrest and removed. I purchased a large footrest cover, metal and plastic to cover over the missing carpet and give you a covered area to rest your foot. Looks good and factory. Loads better for me. More room and more comfortable for my foot and ankle.
If you get a chance I would love to see a photo of what yours looks like :)

Hi, I've got a pre-face lift MG5 LR, I found the the foot rest too high and uncomfortable.
I managed to take off the panel on the left hand side,by the foot rest. There one push in pin at the far end. After popping it out witj screwdriver. I wiggled the other end out.
There are 2 tabs top and bottom, that slide under the adjoining plastic trim. The bottom tab is shorter and slipped out first. With the top tab out, the 2 push in slots in the middle. The panel popped out. I was able to run my hand under the trim and loosen and removed the block underneath. I then just crushed carpet with my foot . I later replaced with a small block so the carpet square up better.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom