Legal headlight upgrade

What the insurance companies are looking for is a reason not to pay. Hi
I cannot believe that anyone can claim not to live their lives by “what ifs”! What if you didn’t look out for other traffic? What if you didn’t eat or drink? What if you walked out of a shop without paying? What if you didn’t allow yourself or your children get vaccinated? ( I threw that one in to be controversial😁). One’s whole life is controlled by what ifs.
When I say what ifs I mean something that has less probability of happening not things you normally do anyway. Why would I not look out for other traffic, why would I not eat or drink, those are silly analogies, things you would usually do.

And if a drunken fool coming towards you veered into your path and claimed that it was because you dazzled him/her, you'd be up before the local beak.
If any one, drunk or not, veered into my path, I would swerve to avoid them, not freeze like a rabbit in headlights. I doubt if the police would even check my headlights in that situation, common sense tells me they would be more interested in getting the drunk prosecuted.
But hey if you want to live your life by the rules, I have no problem with that, it's fine. I am very much a law abiding citizen myself in general, but I don't preach to others who already know the rules and decide not to obey them.

When I say what ifs I mean something that has less probability of happening not things you normally do anyway. Why would I not look out for other traffic, why would I not eat or drink, those are silly analogies, things you would usually do.
Why would you fit anything to your car which renders it illegal and invalidates your insurance policy? No doubt that LEDs give a better light BUT you are making yourself a hostage to fortune by fitting these which are not recommended for the vehicle. If there was an accident for whatever reason, you would possibly be prosecuted and would certainly be uninsured.. Your choice.

Well - this is certainly an emotive subject 😁

Life is a series of calculated risks which everyone weighs up the pros and cons on a daily basis - just because an action isn't something one person wants to take, doesn't mean it's something that everyone will think unacceptable. And this is true for every aspect of life - not just how to illuminate the road.

My personal bugbear is speed limits - why would anyone exceed a 20/30/40/50/60 or 70mph limit by even 1mph - when we all know it increases the likelihood of death significantly. But - that's my risk analysis. Everyone has different weighing coefficients, otherwise we'd all behave the same.

Freedom of choice means doing whatever you want - but this doesn't come without freedom from responsibility. The balance between the two is what defines someone's actions on any particular subject. Would the world be a boring place if we all behaved the same? Maybe - but not if everyone behaved like I want them to 🤣

If any one, drunk or not, veered into my path, I would swerve to avoid them, not freeze like a rabbit in headlights. I doubt if the police would even check my headlights in that situation, common sense tells me they would be more interested in getting the drunk prosecuted.
But hey if you want to live your life by the rules, I have no problem with that, it's fine. I am very much a law abiding citizen myself in general, but I don't preach to others who already know the rules and decide not to obey them.
I’ve said my piece made my views known. I’m very glad that Kithmo would in all circumstances find space to swerve to enable avoidance of a collision possibly of his own making, by blinding oncoming traffic. As Douglas Bader was reputed to have said, “Rules are made for the blind obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men”. In life, fortunately there are rules, advice, laws which are mandatory and would be irresponsible to ignore. The fact that this discussion is on an open forum gives enough evidence for an investigation to take place. As I said earlier. Your choice. It’s still a free country.

I’ve said my piece made my views known. I’m very glad that Kithmo would in all circumstances find space to swerve to enable avoidance of a collision possibly of his own making, by blinding oncoming traffic. As Douglas Bader was reputed to have said, “Rules are made for the blind obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men”. In life, fortunately there are rules, advice, laws which are mandatory and would be irresponsible to ignore. The fact that this discussion is on an open forum gives enough evidence for an investigation to take place. As I said earlier. Your choice. It’s still a free country.
I'm not blinding anyone anymore than someone who has factory LEDs, my headlights are perfectly aligned, just brighter than the candles that were originally in. As far as swerving out of the way, it's called thinking ahead, I see a car in my lane coming towards me I make room. I've done it a couple of times and avoided collisions.
As you say, it's my choice and my choice is to be able to see the road ahead better so I can avoid the drunks that might step out into the road or the teenager on their phone on a dark night, by seeing them earlier and giving them more chance to see me coming with my brighter headlights.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom