Lifting up wiper arm issue on zs ev

CDR

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I thought I would share this.

Today I bought new wipers for the car. So when I went to change the driver side one, and lift it up via the bend in the arm, it hit the edge of the bonnet, and took the paint off it. I didnt expect it to hit the bonnet ad I have never seen this before.
I tried turning on the wipers and killing the power when they were extended on to the glass in the nearly vertical position. This way it seems as though you would avoid the bonnet. Unfortunately, they go back to the home position.
Be careful when changing them, unless there is another way.

Attachments

• 20201002_155350.jpg
    20201002_155350.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 259
  • 20201002_155355.jpg
    20201002_155355.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 241
God, I thought about looking in the manual but I said to myself, no surly not.
Thanks a million for that. Ill try it tomorrow

Out of future interest @CDR what blades did you buy? Just so I know what ones I need to replace with
The original wipers were 23 inches on the driver side and 14 inches on the passenger. I got bosch aero blade 23inch and 15 inch. The passenger side is very small so I went a bit bigger. Works well.

Which fiiting did you get on the Bosch Aero's @CDR I orderded a set off ebay and although they came with four different fittings none match up to the fixing points on the MG wiper blade arms.

I have no idea. I went to a motor factor with the old ones in hand and the guy gave me out the ones I needed. I just asked for a bigger size on the passenger side

I wish any car with this design would use a rubberised backing on the wiper arms where they can touch the bonnet edge! I've managed to remember not to try lifting the arms, but it's been close. I instinctively go to lift them a little to wipe any leaf debris or such away from under the blades when I see it, before I get into the car. It's a pain in the arse remembering you have to get in, turn it on, then off, then activate the wipers to get them into "service position" just to clean off debris!

Hello Folks,

I thought I would share this.

Today I bought new wipers for the car. So when I went to change the driver side one, and lift it up via the bend in the arm, it hit the edge of the bonnet, and took the paint off it. I didnt expect it to hit the bonnet ad I have never seen this before.
I tried turning on the wipers and killing the power when they were extended on to the glass in the nearly vertical position. This way it seems as though you would avoid the bonnet. Unfortunately, they go back to the home position.
Be careful when changing them, unless there is another way.

Sorry to hear this, it's a bummer. Be careful to touch in the missing paint, or you'll most likely get a nasty rust blister creeping out across the top of the bonnet once it's been through our salty winter... :(

I contacted wiperblades.co.uk with some images of the fixings for the ZS EV blades and was informed that "Unfortunately these are a main dealer only part, there is no aftermarket companies making these as yet." so I'm a bit stumped at how motor factor provided them?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom