Lights come on randomly during the night

Leebeejeebee

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
So I've got this weird thing going on. My neighbour across the way has told me a couple of times now that my car randomly lights up during the night, usually around 3am. I keep my key in my coat pocket so I can't be leaning on it in my sleep and accidentally unlocking. Has anyone else heard of this happening?

I seem to recall a long time ago people’s lights coming on when the car started charging. Could it be anything to do with that?

So I've got this weird thing going on. My neighbour across the way has told me a couple of times now that my car randomly lights up during the night, usually around 3am. I keep my key in my coat pocket so I can't be leaning on it in my sleep and accidentally unlocking. Has anyone else heard of this happening?
Do you have battery preheat programmed in as a schedule?

Battery preheat puts the lights on? I know cabin preheat does, but .....
If it activates the BCM, good chance

Not tested it but based on other findings with the MG4 and what the BCM does... Energising USB sockets when you access the app so my android auto dongle is constantly connecting to my phone when I check the app

Tried to confirm the hypothesis, car just told me it didn't need to preheat the battery 🤣
Computer says no. :LOL:
computer GIF

I've just been into the dealer today, apparently there are no 'campaigns' available for my car at the moment, and in any case, they are reluctant to run any kind of update unless they really have to in case it bricks the car (they'd have to send the head unit away to MG to be reset, apparently).

I've just been into the dealer today, apparently there are no 'campaigns' available for my car at the moment, and in any case, they are reluctant to run any kind of update unless they really have to in case it bricks the car (they'd have to send the head unit away to MG to be reset, apparently).
This is just trash software from MG. Meamwhile other EV owners can update everything from home.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 88 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back