Kithmo

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Tried snow mode today as there was a light covering on our road and I'm loving it. It's so smooth on take off and unlike eco mode, the brakes don't feel soggy. The regen being less severe worked great on a steep hill I go down where, in normal mode, I usually have to press the accelerator a bit to prevent me slowing down too much, it rolled down perfectly without having to brake at all. I think I might use snow mode all the time now. ☺️

Time to give this a rest I think ... we and you KNOW that the car will default to Normal mode, Regen 3, LKA On etc., and the reason why, so there's no point in moaning about it here every 5 minutes. :)

Time to give this a rest I think ... we and you KNOW that the car will default to Normal mode, Regen 3, LKA On etc., and the reason why, so there's no point in moaning about it here every 5 minutes. :)
Driving mode apparently isn't a safety feature as it doesn't reset once your ass leave the seat, so why can't it remember my setting?

Every item you've complained about are ALL due to Euro NCAP 5 star rating ... I know it, you know it, we all know it. So there's NO POINT in complaining about them in just about every post! 🙄

(I never like using the obvious solution).

Driving mode apparently isn't a safety feature as it doesn't reset once your ass leave the seat, so why can't it remember my setting?
It is not just EuroNCAP rules we have to comply with - there are emissions standards that require the car must default to a standard mode to permit comparable range testing and certification. These rules are partly a result of dieselgate and other issues with ICE testing but they also apply to EVs.

The solution that would be compatible with the rules would be:
  • Car defaults as present.
  • User profiles can be created encompassing all settings including driving modes, regen, assistance systems.
  • A physical button can be used to cycle through the User profiles: one click for the first user, second click for next, etc...

I favour repurposing one of the existing buttons to do this, or at the very least a User selection screen which appears on boot and allows a single touch to select which user.

Tried snow mode today as there was a light covering on our road and I'm loving it. It's so smooth on take off and unlike eco mode, the brakes don't feel soggy. The regen being less severe worked great on a steep hill I go down where, in normal mode, I usually have to press the accelerator a bit to prevent me slowing down too much, it rolled down perfectly without having to brake at all. I think I might use snow mode all the time now. ☺️

Aye, my first use of Snow Mode this morning.
-4°C
(Balmy for you Scots, I know! 🤣)
One mile to the main road, with a single track lane, covered in ice.

Very confidence inspiring, I have to say, even with my (according to some) Death-trap, ditch finding tyres)

If "she" was 2wd, then I may have gone for some all season rubber, but as it stands, very happy with the way this car handles all the conditions thrown at it.

tried it myself yesterday too as we had a couple of inches and worked great, especially pulling away from house and then parking into school car park which also had a couple of inches.

The most frustrating part was traffic going 2mph when the main roads werent even that bad!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 85 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back