LKA resetting whilst underway cause found.

Some manufacturers seem to care less than the others.

Hyundai, built and delivered in 2022: LKA always on on startup.
Skoda, built and delivered in 2022: LKA always on on startup.
Alfa Romeo, built and delivered in 2023: LKA off on startup.
It's related to when that model was tested by NCAP, not when that specific car was built. :)

As you wish (It's the one on the left of this pic)
s-l1600.jpg

It's when you hold down the brake pedal until the green (A) appears on the dash.
So it looks like the feature you call Auto Brake is called Auto Hold on my version (Thai MG4 X) and has to be enabled via the Safety tab in the Vehicle menu although luckily it's one of the few settings that the car remembers overnight. A firm press on the brake pedal at rest then sets the brake until you use the throttle again. I just went out to check where the "A" might appear and. wouldn't you know, AutoHold refused to turn on. I tried every combination of brake pedal, handbrake and gear selector and still no joy. A trip to the dealer looms...
Love the fancy pedals,by way :)

So it looks like the feature you call Auto Brake is called Auto Hold on my version (Thai MG4 X) and has to be enabled via the Safety tab in the Vehicle menu although luckily it's one of the few settings that the car remembers overnight. A firm press on the brake pedal at rest then sets the brake until you use the throttle again. I just went out to check where the "A" might appear and. wouldn't you know, AutoHold refused to turn on. I tried every combination of brake pedal, handbrake and gear selector and still no joy. A trip to the dealer looms...
Love the fancy pedals,by way :)
That's just a photo I found elsewhere on here of some aftermarket pedal tops.

Some manufacturers seem to care less than the others.

Hyundai, built and delivered in 2022: LKA always on on startup.
Skoda, built and delivered in 2022: LKA always on on startup.
Alfa Romeo, built and delivered in 2023: LKA off on startup.
It depends in part when the car was launched, it will be subject to the NCAP rules when it was tested, so if the Alfa has been out a while, it may be under the old rules still.

It depends in part when the car was launched, it will be subject to the NCAP rules when it was tested, so if the Alfa has been out a while, it may be under the old rules still.
Ahem ...
It's related to when that model was tested by NCAP, not when that specific car was built. :)
;)

That's just a photo I found elsewhere on here of some aftermarket pedal tops.
AutoHold still wouldn't turn on this morning but after an hour or so of town driving it re-appeared having switched itself back on again. I found the "A" on the driver's screen just under the gear selection indicator. Every day an adventure, trying to guess which of the many features are still as I left them and what they might do next.

What I'm curious about is the fairly large disply on the left of the dashboard screen. It looks like the car is about to take a run down a ski ramp, but I've never seen it do anything. I've seen other shapes on that display in other people's videos and screen shots though. Is it something that only works on the Trophy (in which case, why waste so much space with it on the SE?) or does it do something I haven't stumbled over yet?

My Sons and Daughter in laws new Seat Leon - LKA - Always on on Startup - They have a simular preflight process as I do - Disable LKA ... So its not just MG ..

They need to spend £40-£50 on an OBD11 dongle.
The VAG version will do Seats.
Then they download the app and they’ll need £2.99 of credit on the app to deal with the LKA.
Three options:

Always on
Always off
Remember last setting

There’s other stuff the Dongle can do, but I’ve yet to play with those and, to be honest, even if disabling LKA is the only thing I ever use it for, it’s the best fifty quid I’ve spent on a car ( Cupra Born )

PS if they do do this, tell them to pop the bonnet when changing the setting.
Some told me it didn’t need to be done, but I just got errors until I did this.
Online videos also confirm the bonnet needs to be popped on VAG cars.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back