LKA - We're not the only ones with gripes!

Until all cars have exactly the same system in place and are able to stop when another one in front does then pile ups are inevitable.
This why it is a bad idea to have these systems default to on at the current time, there are too many vehicles on the road that don't have these aids.
My conspiracy theory: This is the preface to self driving cars, where AI is trying to get rid of all non autonomous vehicles by crashing them off the road. :oops:

I've had no incidents with the AEB so far, just a couple of warning bleeps, but it may be that most of my trips are short urban journeys and at low speed, mostly 30-40 mph zones.
I think the car is set up too sensitive and doesn't take into account the actual reaction times of the average driver, a bit like the stopping distances in the highway code that are based on 50 year old braking systems, it's like it wants you to drive slower than necessary.

I've had similar to the video example where it can thinks you're going to rear end someone even at low speeds.

My strategy is to leave a good sized gap between myself and the car in front, and be ready for anything!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back