Locked out of iSMART

EV convert

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Folks.

Can you help me as I’m having big problems with the MG iSMART app.

After working happily for a month, this morning iSMART decided I was an unknown user and needed to log in.

While it displayed my email address, it wanted the password which I have failed to note down (my bad) so I activated the ‘Forgotten Password’ link and an email swiftly came through with a six-digit verification code.

However, having entered the code into the relevant space on the app screen the ‘Done’ button remains greyed out and does not work.

I finally reinstalled the app but it is still exactly the same and tried to re-register but soon as I enter my email address I’m back to the original account and in the same situation.

I called the dealer who said 'this is a parts and service question, they will call you back' - still waiting!

Had anybody else experienced this problem with iSMART and If so, what do I do to get logged in again?

Failing that, how can I contact iSMART support as there are no links, phone numbers or email addresses?

Anh help/suggestions gratefully received.

I had a similar issue with the ISMART app, I initially registered with my mobile number and forgot to note the password, everything was fine until the app eventually kicked me out. I found that if you only register with your phone number you never receive the verification code despite the app saying it’s sent.

Anyhow after lots of back and forth with dealers ( who couldn’t do it ) and MG UK on the phone ( who weirdly also couldn’t do it ) I had to email [email protected]

I ended up emailing them asking to “unbind” my car from my old account and I simply made a new one using my email and then registered it to the car.

Interesting. The iSMART app didn't accept my password this morning either. Of course it was -7°C and it would have been nice to preheat the car.

Using the same password for certain things all the time (I know, I know) I am rather sure it was the correct one. Besides, usually it would just log in automatically.

My account is locked for today as I have used all five tries. Will request a new password tomorrow and see how that goes.

Dan C and Eber,
Thanks for the input and suggestions. My account is also locked for today but will have another go tomorrow and if that fails will look to re-register using my instead of email phone and then ask MG to unbind my car from the email based account.

That gives me some hope but at the moment mine is still locked. Will try again later.

Eureka!
Managed to log back on to the app after my wife found the password (I had written it down, just lost track of the piece of paper) and the 24 hour lockout had expired.
And no, this didn't happen while I was in the bath.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back