Locking Wheel Nuts - Sizes & Suppliers

kierend

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just taken delivery of my me MG5-EV, all looking good generally but I would like to get some locking wheel nuts.
I know you can get them from MG for £60, but I'm a cheapskate.

Does anyone know the sizes of Nuts I would need, links to europarts or other suppliers ?

If no one knows I'll pop one off and share the sizes for future info

I did look for some when I got my car a few months ago. Ebay had a few on their site but I got distracted and got a VW spare wheel and never got the locking wheel nuts

If they are the same as the ZS wheels, you can get a set for £30. Have a search in the ZS section for details (apologies of the wheels are different, but the supplier may have options for the MG5).

If they are the same as the ZS wheels, you can get a set for £30. Have a search in the ZS section for details (apologies of the wheels are different, but the supplier may have options for the MG5).
Ebay is your friend !.
These are for the ZS EV at £30 + p&p.
A quick call to the dealer to cross check the part number, will confirm the correct fit.

I'll probably get the cheaper ones when my car arrives but I've not yet had any discussion with the dealer on any upsells - I'm not expecting that till much nearer delivery time (protection kit, wheel nits, some sort of body protection etc etc).

Anyway I know locking wheel nuts were all the rage some years back but I do wonder if wheel theft is still a thing?

Anyway I know locking wheel nuts were all the rage some years back but I do wonder if wheel theft is still a thing?
I had my wheels stolen from my new car on the driveway a few years back.
Other car stuck in the garage and unable to get it out.
A right pain in the arse !.
Always fit locking wheel nuts now.
£30 for nuts is a lot cheaper that the access on your insurance !.
Oh ….. I would purchase the MG interior protection pack.
It was about £129.00 when I bought mine.
Front and rear mats, a nice water proof boot liner and front & rear mud flaps.

Last edited:
The protection pack has risen to £159, not sure if that is with or without VAT. I'm not on a mission to save money at all with the car but I have been perusing AliExpress to see if there is anything better than the MG offering at the same price.

With battery impact guns and locknut removing sockets handy available, they are not much of a deterrent except the impact gun is a bit noisy while removing the wheels if your a light sleeper

With battery impact guns and locknut removing sockets handy available, they are not much of a deterrent except the impact gun is a bit noisy while removing the wheels if your a light sleeper
If they want them wheels, then they will have them, no matter what you do.
It’s just putting an obtrusion in the way for the opportunist “Pond Life”.
Does it having locking wheel bolts - Yes ?. Then move onto the next car that does not have them.
Almost any security device can been defeated given the time and the equipment.
These people know which cars come without locking wheel nuts as standard OEM factory equipment.
So, it’s very likely that the owner will NOT have installed them at a latter date.

If they want them wheels, then they will have them, no matter what you do.
It’s just putting an obtrusion in the way for the opportunist “Pond Life”.
Does it having locking wheel bolts - Yes ?. Then move onto the next car that does not have them.
Almost any security device can been defeated given the time and the equipment.
These people know which cars come without locking wheel nuts as standard OEM factory equipment.
So, it’s very likely that the owner will NOT have installed them at a latter date.
Probably I would fit lock nuts only for peace of mind that ive done my bit to try to keep them from being stolen. Still an ongoing problem in England? Very few alloy wheel thefts here in NI and usually they are the more expensive aftermarket type unless most of thefts aren't reported

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom