Long repair time

Kazzag

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Had my new car in August 2023, had an accident in November (not my fault), apparently the repair shop are still waiting for one part to be delivered.

Had my new car in August 2023, had an accident in November (not my fault), apparently the repair shop are still waiting for one part to be delivered.
I’ve read on this forum & another forum I use quite a few MG4 owners having to wait up to 6 weeks for parts which I thought was crazy

But since November? If you haven’t already I’d be paying regular visits to the repair shop or at least phoning them to see what the hold up is.

My own MG4 is with MG at the moment waiting on a new LED indicator light, door mirror unit & 12v battery ( I do believe though they had batteries to replace straight away )

They actually phoned me today to say my car will be ready this Wednesday so by that time it would have been 2 weeks for me

I’ve said it before, I’d of thought with how popular the MG4 is, here in U.K.anyway they would have the more common parts in stock but it doesn’t seem that way

I wish you luck 👍

I've owned my MG4 for 3 weeks (brand new) and the drivers window has stopped working. The other 3 work perfectly but the drivers does nothing at all.

I called 3 MG dealers today to get a repair and was horrified with the wait times for just an appointment (5 weeks) and then the refusal to supply either a courtesy car or collection/drop off service.

My worry is that having no window for 5 weeks is one unwanted thing but the thought that I could then be waiting for XX weeks for the actual repair horrifies me!

Thank you, I have asked the accident management company to ask the repair shop, what part they are still waiting for, their excuse all along has been that the parts are coming from China,

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back