Looking to buy a used mg5

paddie

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Good afternoon all,

was hoping to get some advice on whether its worthwhile buying a used MG5 with high miles.
Am looking at a 2021 model with over 100,000 miles.
What is the battery degradation like at those miles?
Is it better going for one with far fewer miles?

anyhitng other than state of battery that i should be ocncerned about?

Kind regards in advance for any help and advice.

Have you any Service information on the car ? The battery SOH should be recorded on it . Do you have details on the last owner at 100000 miles + , I'm thinking maybe a taxi ?

I would also guess taxi. Check wear and tear on drivers seat and the rear interior, there's usb charge ports in the back of the centre console, they can be a victim to clumsy passengers. Taxi use voids warranty so be aware of that.

Make sure its had all of its services and check the battery SoH.

Degradation isn't linear, the biggest drop seems to be in the early part of wear then it slows right down. Original warranty kicks in at 70% SoH, the lowest I've seen is 86% after 100k miles. And the SoH is on the total not the usable part so the impact is less than it looks.

There won't be any MG warranty left on the car.
You can check the SOH by plugging in a reader or hopefully it's been recorded on the service sheet.

20230430_164900.jpg

paddie. 🙂👍

Good afternoon all,

was hoping to get some advice on whether its worthwhile buying a used MG5 with high miles.
Am looking at a 2021 model with over 100,000 miles.
What is the battery degradation like at those miles?
Is it better going for one with far fewer miles?

anyhitng other than state of battery that i should be ocncerned about?

Kind regards in advance for any help and advice.
I'm also thinking about MG and no idea what to look for, new, second hand, lease .... Out of curiosity, considering 100K on the clock I would guess the one you are looking at would be £7,000 max? Seen a few ZS going for about £8,000 with 70,000 on the clock ...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom