Love this car even more now!

mourneuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I'm ashamed to admit to feeling juvenile pleasure at completely smoking a BMW 5 series who tried to race away from the lights and cut into my lane. I think he was a little shocked to be left in my wake. The most enjoyable thing about it was I was in eco and trying (and failing) to keep within the speed limit.

The handling was atrocious though - felt like I was trying to steer a barge. It may have felt better in normal or sports mode.

I'm 53 next month but it seems the idiot boy racer is still there in the background.

It isn't.
It would be far better if each parameter was individually adjustable.

I'm ashamed to admit to feeling juvenile pleasure at completely smoking a BMW 5 series who tried to race away from the lights and cut into my lane. I think he was a little shocked to be left in my wake. The most enjoyable thing about it was I was in eco and trying (and failing) to keep within the speed limit.

The handling was atrocious though - felt like I was trying to steer a barge. It may have felt better in normal or sports mode.

I'm 53 next month but it seems the idiot boy racer is still there in the background.
Eco mode = barge mode, you need normal or sports mode for firmer control.

So long as its not evergiven, it's all good.

At full throttle, even in sport mode, it's very floaty.

I've kept up with a BMW M4 up to 40 miles an hour, I have this image of the guy taking the car to the dealer to find out what's wrong with it. Extremely juvenile but oh so satisfying :D:D:D:D:D
Oh yes, with all sorts, I had a furious Aston Martin driver who hated me up behind him but couldn't get away due to low road speeds, loved it!

I've been a passenger in a Model S doing 0 to 60 in under 3s. It felt like being whacked in the kidneys.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom