Low voltage battery low on charge.

VPmanc

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, Had the comfort pack software update yesterday. Since the time I picked up the car, there is a warning for the 12V battery being low, to start the car. I thought if the car runs it will be ok (like with other cars). The car had done about 50 miles motorway now, but still the warning is there. Any suggestions?
Had called MG, could not get through to Stoneacre hyde, went to some office who wants the car back for another day.

I would suggest you get the car straight back to them......I had my Comfort 2 Update this week and everything is running perfect......in fact I think it is running better than before......You definitely don't want low battery on the 12v system as the car will not operate.

Hi, Had the comfort pack software update yesterday. Since the time I picked up the car, there is a warning for the 12V battery being low, to start the car. I thought if the car runs it will be ok (like with other cars). The car had done about 50 miles motorway now, but still the warning is there. Any suggestions?
Had called MG, could not get through to Stoneacre hyde, went to some office who wants the car back for another day.
If you plug the car in for charging the HV the 12 volt battery also charges at the same time, try that and see how you get on

The car has been charged to 100% the error still there. Tried calling them, the usual, it goes to the central call centre, who wants the car booked in, next week. Then they try to flog the MOT insurance and other products.

Is it showing a low voltage on the 12v battery meter ?
And it might be worth checking the 12v battery connections to see if one is loose, just in case they disconnected them for some reason.

I also had the low voltage battery low on charge message on my facelift model after getting it back from the local MG service department. Rather than take it back again for another full day (they'd already had the car two days plus the weekend to fix a blank dashboard they'd caused), I disconnected the 12V battery negative terminal for 10mins, reconnected it and bingo - problem solved.

I'll post about my experience with the service dept in another thread - don't get me wrong I think the ZS EV SR Mk2 is absolutely brilliant to drive and totally hated having to temporarily go back to a petrol courtesy car albeit only briefly.

Did you ever fix this?

Replace the 12v battery if under a year warranty if over out of warranty as winter comes it may not survive.
if under warranty book in to Mg and make sure the 12v is fully charged and they do a capacity test not voltage.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom