Main Display

Davn

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Anyone ever had the main display not start up at allšŸ¤” I've just had a 40mile trip home with no main display, so no sounds, no access to a/c, no access to drive systems!
Did try pressing all the obvious button's, even got out and did a full IT fault analysis (yes switched it off and on again) no change šŸ˜ž
Got home locked the car again, after about 5 mins (important work, bin night) opened the garage door to put the car on charge, connected, got in to drivers seat and up pop's the display, not a clue! The only other thing of note was for the first mile or so the mi/kwh was up to 8.7?

Trophy or SE? How long have you had the car?

Several people have reported similar. Generally speaking I think it has righted itself, or else a long press on the "Home" button under the screen resets it and fixes it. I think.

I had it happen once when the car was pretty new, but since I had only got in to move the car across the road, I don't know if it would have come on in the end. It was fine when I went back to collect it.

I do notice that the screen takes a variable time time to boot up, and I think everyone says the same. The one time I went to time it, it was on so fast I didn't have time to look at my watch. On the other hand a couple of days ago I had to go fetch something in a hurry, just got in, pressed the brake, put the car in D, and drove off. I was at the end of my road before the screen was on and I stopped long enough to kill LKA, traffic sign recognition and the radio! It may be that the non-booting up is an extreme version of this?

I may be hallucinating this, but I think it may be one of the things that gets better as the car is driven more. I noticed it more when the car was brand new. Also I was getting the auto-hold fault all the time, but now I never get it at all.

Trophy or SE? How long have you had the car?

Several people have reported similar. Generally speaking I think it has righted itself, or else a long press on the "Home" button under the screen resets it and fixes it. I think.

I had it happen once when the car was pretty new, but since I had only got in to move the car across the road, I don't know if it would have come on in the end. It was fine when I went back to collect it.

I do notice that the screen takes a variable time time to boot up, and I think everyone says the same. The one time I went to time it, it was on so fast I didn't have time to look at my watch. On the other hand a couple of days ago I had to go fetch something in a hurry, just got in, pressed the brake, put the car in D, and drove off. I was at the end of my road before the screen was on and I stopped long enough to kill LKA, traffic sign recognition and the radio! It may be that the non-booting up is an extreme version of this?

I may be hallucinating this, but I think it may be one of the things that gets better as the car is driven more. I noticed it more when the car was brand new. Also I was getting the auto-hold fault all the time, but now I never get it at all.
I've had the car for 6 months now and covered 8000 miles and this is the first time it's done this apart from the slow start ups . Just another SE screw upšŸ¤£

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back