March 2021 registered ZS EV but old BMS?

Terry2

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
This one is a bit odd. When buying a March 2021- registered ZS EV very recently from a non-MG dealer I saw that the temperature was showing in the infotainment screen and the remaining miles in the dash and without checking further thought it must have the latest BMS update. However after my first charge (57% remaining) using the Granny charger it got to 161 miles and 456v. I guess this means that the BMS was only partially completed? I haven't yet obtained an MG Service Pack from a local dealer but would an update still be free? TVM

That's not surprising, lots of people have bought cars after January and still had the old 455v BMS or even the faulty BMS. They just aren't being checked and updated prior to hand-over and were made some time ago.
Not sure how you stand re getting updates free as you bought from a non-mg dealer. Worse case I think folk were charged about £80 for the updates.

This one is a bit odd. When buying a March 2021- registered ZS EV very recently from a non-MG dealer I saw that the temperature was showing in the infotainment screen and the remaining miles in the dash and without checking further thought it must have the latest BMS update. However after my first charge (57% remaining) using the Granny charger it got to 161 miles and 456v. I guess this means that the BMS was only partially completed? I haven't yet obtained an MG Service Pack from a local dealer but would an update still be free? TVM
What you're describing in you opening paragraph are the Comfort2 upgrade features, nothing to do with the BMS version.
I wouldn't worry about having the "old" BMS (mine is the same), unless you're keeping the car for a long time, the new BMS is just a feature that may (or may not) extend the battery life slightly.
I suspect it's MG's way of reducing having to replace batteries under warranty. ;)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom