Mark 2 charging query

faxfan2002

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi All,

Normally don’t many miles but I’ve come away for the week and plugged into a podpoint 22kw charger and it’s saying 4.5 hours to charge from 30%. The car says it’s slow charging - this being the first time can I check anything on the car? Or just try another charger?

You have probably only got a single phase 32A cable so even if the car could take 3 phase your cable won't.
You could try a Rapid charger and get the job done in under an hour.

Hi All,

Normally don’t many miles but I’ve come away for the week and plugged into a podpoint 22kw charger and it’s saying 4.5 hours to charge from 30%. The car says it’s slow charging - this being the first time can I check anything on the car? Or just try another charger?
You don’t say where you are but no matter best bet is use ZAP MAPS or ABRP to find a rapid DC charger.
Les

From my experience, Type 2 charging (regardless of the kw it says on the charger) will only do approx 7kw for the MG (for the reasons above).

CCS will always be faster, but if you have your level set to 100% it slows down to 7kw for the last 10% apparently to protect the battery.

Others have put this far better in other chats, but having only started charging away from home recently this is what we've found.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom