• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Marvel X is dead....replaced with the Marvel R?

@shikoku14
Do you have something insider info for UK MG SALES?
All the buzz I am hearing it a big no UK sales for the MG RMe here in the UK. Do you think MG will bring it to UK anyway?
My source was Bjorn Nylands calendar, so it was the European Launch / EU date that happend earlier this week

Once they cater for the Indian market, with a LHD, then we will start to see here in UK

My next car will have better performance, a longer range and feel more 'premium' than the ZS. I would consider the Marvel R, but if MG don't bring a RHD version to market there will be lots of alternatives from other marques. I'm sure I'm not alone, so limiting themselves to just the 'value-end' of the market forgoing any more aspirational or halo products would seem like a curious marketing strategy for MG. The Japanese and Korean manufacturers made a name for themselves in the UK making cheap and cheerful vehicles but now offer vehicles of a similar or better quality to established European brands. MG need to follow suit.

The UK must appear to be a very small market to them though. Not surprised if we are down the pecking order for model release.

Yes, all the background buzz is the MG is looking to create a presence everywhere else but Britain.
MG UK will not confirm if the marvel r is coming to the UK until its on the boat, if they do no one will buy the current stock of mg.

MG UK will not confirm if the marvel r is coming to the UK until its on the boat, if they do no one will buy the current stock of mg.
Of course they will as these will be in another price bracket meaning the ZS EV will still only be the option for some, like it was for myself....

Most manufacturers don’t unduly delay telling customers when a new model is coming. Deals are usually available on the outgoing model and the new model is always more expensive. they will target how many units to produce and sell of the old model before the new takes over and have a marketing plan for the transition period. If left until the very last minute to tell customers it can have a very negative effect.

That might be true when a new model is replacing an existing offering. The Marvel R is in an entirely different class to a ZS or 5 and would likely cost at least £10k more than either. If not released in the UK potential purchasers are more likely to be interested in a VW IQ4, or Ford Mach-e, or Hyundai Ioniq or Tesla Type Y or Skoda Enyaq than another MG.

That might be true when a new model is replacing an existing offering. The Marvel R is in an entirely different class to a ZS or 5 and would likely cost at least £10k more than either. If not released in the UK potential purchasers are more likely to be interested in a VW IQ4, or Ford Mach-e, or Hyundai Ioniq or Tesla Type Y or Skoda Enyaq than another MG.
Yes the MG MRe will be definitely more expensive than the MG ZS EV and so far as Marketing is concerned it makes sense that if it were coming to UK then we would have been told by now. The message from MG is a clear no it is not coming. So one has to accept that for now MG says no. There is an interesting "rumour" as to why and that is that MG would now start producing all its R hand drive stuff in India. Their India factory apparently have done brilliantly well with the ZS EV. This India made ZS EV are apparently better body build and very free of IT and tech bugs compared our China made ones. It seems going forward MG cars will be released in the EU then if they do well, 1.5 to 3 years later they will come to UK when MG factory in India starts making the model.

My next car will have better performance, a longer range and feel more 'premium' than the ZS. I would consider the Marvel R, but if MG don't bring a RHD version to market there will be lots of alternatives from other marques. I'm sure I'm not alone, so limiting themselves to just the 'value-end' of the market forgoing any more aspirational or halo products would seem like a curious marketing strategy for MG. The Japanese and Korean manufacturers made a name for themselves in the UK making cheap and cheerful vehicles but now offer vehicles of a similar or better quality to established European brands. MG need to follow suit.
Since it seems that the Marvel R will not be coming to the UK I have put down a deposit on a Kia EV6 which is in many ways a comparable vehicle. Not had any problems with my ZS and would have considered another vehicle from MG if they were releasing one of the type I'm looking for. If they don't then buyers like me will vote with their feet.

The EV6 looks cool. 77kwh battery. I’m tempted to put down a deposit. Any idea on prices yet?

Expect them to start from about £40K rising to about £60k for the 577bhp, 0-60 in 3.5 second GT. Most impressive is the charge times (10-80% in 18 mins, 100km added in less than 5 mins given the right charger).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom